PB Problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PB Problem.

This has been goin on for a week now... Each time i join a server, i play for less than 1 minute, then get kicked by punkbuster, and get this message :

Iv mannually updated PB and reinstalled the patch, nothing will do. Anyone knows how to fix this?!

Thanks allot.

Re: PB Problem.

www.evenbalance.com the home of pb go there and put in a support ticket. I have never heard of that error message before.

I had a problem where they asked me to delete the pb folder the re-install that will probably work for you.

How did you try to update pb? Did you use the old school method of using pbweb.exe or pbsetup.exe. Here is the link to pbsetup.exe http://websec.evenbalance.com/downlo...ws/pbsetup.exe

Comment

From it saying unknown windows avi function whatever it basically thinks (as far as I can tell) that you are running some cheating program or whatnot. Thats why punkbuster scans your HD every 20 seconds (consequentially, thats why BF2 lags so much).

Basically you should put in a support ticket but I would try to close all programs and processes that are listed under your username except explorer and your video card process(s).

Also do a virus and spyware/malware scan, those could be recognized by PB and are probably causing you other problems as well.

Comment

Yeh iv done I do a spyware check every week...And im not running anycheating programs lol..thsi problem occured randomly, before, the game was working fine. Ill go on the pb site and try to see whats goin on.
        And yes, iv updated the pb ooldschool way.

Thx for the help

Comment

The guys from Pb gave me this to do...Anyone can clarify it a bit more please!

Note #2: This appears to be from a trojan back door. Specifically Trojan.Horse.BackDoor.Agent.BA, and from researching this, AVG is the only program currently identifying it. It uses a random named dll in your system32 folder. There are ways to remove it, googling returns this:

In NOTEPAD write this: @echo off SET FILE=sqll echo y | cacls c:\windows\system32\*FILE*.dll /g Everyone:f attrib -r -s -h C:\Windows\system32\*FILE*.dll ren C:\Windows\system32\*FILE*.dll *FILE*.old del C:\Windows\system32\*FILE*.old Than change the *FILE* to the filename infected and save this as REMOVE.BAT file. Run it in normal mode and the trojan BackDoor.Agent.BA is OUT.

Download FREE AVG antivirus software. Get protection against viruses, malware and spyware. Easy-to-use virus scanner for PC, Mac & mobile. Download TODAY.

That is the free version of AVG, use that to ID the file. Plese tell me if this stops your kick. This is only from a few users, there could be other causes

Thx.

Comment

Basically what they're saying is that you have a Trojan virus and they are giving a possible fix.

Comment

Yeh i know, Im asking for some1 to clarify how to fix it, thats the part I dont get 100%.

Thx

Comment

Working...
              X