ATI 5.12 drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI 5.12 drivers

well theres new AIT drivers out, so im asking the age old question that everyone asks... is there any reason for me to upgrade to them???

i have a 128mb 9800se i doubt these latest drivers could possibly squeeze anymore juice out of my card...but im still wondering

Re: ATI 5.12 drivers

YESSS!!!! I have a 9800 Pro 128mb and with these drivers i got so much better performance, i recommend it!

Comment

I upgraded with my X850XT PE, but if you're only playing BF2 then according to the release notes, no there is no reason to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
        I upgraded with my X850XT PE, but if you're only playing BF2 then according to the release notes, no there is no reason to upgrade.
        Well worth upgrading if you have a duel core CPU:guns:

Funny the 5.12's came out the same day i pick up an Amd 64x2 3800
        Now i can finally use my x850xt without all the problems i was having woooo hooo

Comment

Originally posted by Ace101
          YESSS!!!! I have a 9800 Pro 128mb and with these drivers i got so much better performance, i recommend it!
          do u have a dual core CPU?

or did u get a performance boost even with a single core one?

Comment

theres new omega drivers out

Comment

I am horrified by the fact that this new driver requires the use of CCC...they no longer offer the regular control center.

CCC is a giant bloated turd that adds 50-160mb of ram usage upon startup. No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by abtomat74
                I am horrified by the fact that this new driver requires the use of CCC...they no longer offer the regular control center.

CCC is a giant bloated turd that adds 50-160mb of ram usage upon startup. No thanks.
                I concur. Thankfully the Omega drivers aren't as "user friendly" and shiny...

Comment

This is the reason I haven't installed yet. I'm protesting the use of CCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck
                    This is the reason I haven't installed yet. I'm protesting the use of CCC.
                    Uhm... There is a normal Control Panel version out as well. It just delayed one day, but it's out since a while now. And if you can't find it, use the Omega based on this driver set.

The performance has indeed increase, but I got some problems in SF now. With the nightvision on, high contrasted bright textures get very fuzy, almost misty. Same effects with the flashbang. I don't really like this, but it's not a major problem.

Comment

if you have sf dont download you get ****y night vison.

Comment

Originally posted by SaUrOn
                        Uhm... There is a normal Control Panel version out as well. It just delayed one day, but it's out since a while now. And if you can't find it, use the Omega based on this driver set.
                        No sir, not available. There is a version of 5.12 for FireGL cards that used the old control panel that some people have claimed works fine.

If it were 100% compatible, I'm sure they would have added it already. This leads me to believe there are in fact some differences.

As of this posting, there is still only a CCC version for WinXP users.

Comment

No sir, not available. There is a version of 5.12 for FireGL cards that used the old control panel that some people have claimed works fine.

If it were 100% compatible, I'm sure they would have added it already. This leads me to believe there are in fact some differences.

As of this posting, there is still only a CCC version for WinXP users.
                          Oh sorry I got it from the official ATI support forums, so I thought it was proper:

If it ain't just use the new Omega drivers, they are even a little better and use Control Panel.

Comment

Originally posted by SaUrOn
                            Oh sorry I got it from the official ATI support forums, so I thought it was proper:

If it ain't just use the new Omega drivers, they are even a little better and use Control Panel.
                            That's the one...however, like I said many people have said they work fine. I would still rather wait for an official release just in case.

Besides, I like my current 5.10's anyway. The 5.11's gave me shimmering in BF2.

Comment

Besides, I like my current 5.10's anyway. The 5.11's gave me shimmering in BF2.
                              Ok misunderstood then. I use the Omega Drivers no anyway, ATI won't bring out a new version of Control Panel anymore they said. Pretty crap imo, since I don't want the CCC bloatware at all, I will therefore stick to Omega. Perhaps ATI will include Control Panel again, since people are against CCC, but I believe they want all of us to sart using CCC.

Comment

Working...
                              X