Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please

Hi, i recently downlaoded the demo to battlefield and absolutly loved it, but before i go out and buy the game i had some questions i thought you guys could help me out on. First can i use a controller when playing bf2 or will i have to use the keyboard? if i can use a controller is there any way i can use my ps2 controller? my other question is can you use a microphone to talk to other players online? if so can i use my ps2 micraphone. If i can not use either of thos ps2 accesories would you mind recommending some good PC controllers and or microhones.

thank you in advance for your replies.

Re: Help Please

Yes you can use a "clone" controller to your PS2. But I wouldnt advise it. Their is TOO many buttons to configure. For Flying, it might be good, but people swear by the joystick. Yes mic is good but not required.
    What computer are you going to be playing on (the specs)?

Comment

ok bear with me im not a computer technical kind of guy.....i have a pentium 4. 288 GHz... 1 GB of ram....the graphics card is like an Ati 8500 tx or something like that...

Comment

Originally posted by BaM
        a pentium 4. 288 GHz.

:laugh2: :rofl: :rock:

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJordus
          :laugh2: :rofl: :rock:
          is that a good thing? or does that mean my comp sucks?

Comment

i guess i have another quik question...is it even better to use a controller or do most poeple just use a keyboard and a mouse? because personnaly i am usually a console gamer and when i played the demo it just felt really akward using the keyboard and mouse combo

Comment

Originally posted by BaM
              is that a good thing? or does that mean my comp sucks?

i think you meant 2.88 GHZ. 288 would be some sort of weird supercomputer.

2.88 is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by BaM
                i guess i have another quik question...is it even better to use a controller or do most poeple just use a keyboard and a mouse? because personnaly i am usually a console gamer and when i played the demo it just felt really akward using the keyboard and mouse combo
                I only use mouse and keybord. but i don't play any game system and whenever i do it feels really weird and takes some getting used to.

Comment

I only use mouse and keyboard. Like everything just practice, alot, especially flying. As far as your specs, you should be able pull mostly med, no shadows, no aa.
                  Most importantly have fun, and please play as a team member.

Comment

I would recommend not using a controller of any kind for bf2, just because more likely it will get you killed more often than not. As mentioned before, there are just too many keys to configure, and with a controller, its harder to aim than it is with a mouse. While you're using the joysticks to bring the sights on me, I've already shot you...so...it may work for you better than a keyboard, but just telling ya that it's best to just learn the keys on the keyboard and mouse. When you start off, just play in unranked servers so you don't worry about score or deaths or anything, and just mess around until you are comfortable.

For everything else, I don't believe you can use your ps2 stuff, because this is a computer, not a ps2. There might be something out there, who knows though, so sorry on that :\. You can talk to other people though if you get in a squad.

Comment

Working...
                    X