Peeeew! Excuse me! (A Gas thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peeeew! Excuse me! (A Gas thread)

I just tripped over an intersting (yet simple) new tactic in SF. Please excuse me if this has already been comment on.

I just got through taking out several heavily defended positions by using gas spam coupled with good teamwork. I was amazed at how devistating this tactic is.

I was SL with the Support kit. I would get near an enemy position and spam the crap outta it with gas while getting my boys to spawn on me and move up. It gives you three major tactical advantages.
    A) Obviously any enemy caught in the gas (who hasn't put their mask on) is blinded
    B) The gas clouds themselves give your boys cover to move up.
    C) Enemies in the area were forced to go with gasmasks instead of nightvision.

The main trick was to not rush into combat myself, but rather to keep giving myself ammo and keeping up the spam while trying to stay alive as a valid spawn point. It really confused the hell outta the other team!

I suspect this will work better on night maps than daytime (since you can't were both the gas mask AND night vision).

Anyway... It was a lot of fun to pull off and I figured I'd share.

Re: Peeeew! Excuse me! (A Gas thread)

u gas whore!!!!!! j/k

Comment

I can't keep up with all this whoring.... (said a friend of my, once...)

Plane whores
      Chopper whores
      Armour whores
      Gas whores
      Flash whores
      GL whores

All we need now is BF2: Brothel. Then perhaps we'd just get whores...

Comment

Hehe...
        I actually said the words "I'm gonna gas whore 'em" to my squad when I told 'em the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
          I just tripped over an intersting (yet simple) new tactic in SF. Please excuse me if this has already been comment on.

I just got through taking out several heavily defended positions by using gas spam coupled with good teamwork. I was amazed at how devistating this tactic is.

I was SL with the Support kit. I would get near an enemy position and spam the crap outta it with gas while getting my boys to spawn on me and move up. It gives you three major tactical advantages.
          A) Obviously any enemy caught in the gas (who hasn't put their mask on) is blinded
          B) The gas clouds themselves give your boys cover to move up.
          C) Enemies in the area were forced to go with gasmasks instead of nightvision.

The main trick was to not rush into combat myself, but rather to keep giving myself ammo and keeping up the spam while trying to stay alive as a valid spawn point. It really confused the hell outta the other team!

I suspect this will work better on night maps than daytime (since you can't were both the gas mask AND night vision).

Anyway... It was a lot of fun to pull off and I figured I'd share.
          ummmm duh?:hmm:

Comment

I actually find it funny that the gas grenades provide more visual cover then the smoke grenades....the invention of the gas grenade basically made the smoke grenade obsolete.

I thought that the Assault class should be able to trade in his Knife and Pistol and smoke grenades for a smoke grenade launcher. Think of it like a dao that shoots smoke grenades.....Now that would be some impressive cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasquez

Plane whores
              Chopper whores
              Armour whores
              Gas whores
              Flash whores
              GL whores

And don't forget..............forklift whores.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasquez

Plane whores
                Chopper whores
                Armour whores
                Gas whores
                Flash whores
                GL whores

GL whores hell is a GL whore

Comment

Grenade Launcher, aka n00b tube, aka "just another weapon"... depending on whom you ask...

Comment

The noob toob

Comment

I actually perform okay under tear gas. I've killed plenty of people while my vision was distorted. Now flashbangs, those are getting annoying (they were cool to get blinded by at first, I admit, but now people seem to use them more for fun than to accomplish something while their opponent is blinded). But, as stated, flashbangs don't "force" opponents to put on their gas masks.

Comment

My girlfiend also complaines about me and gas

Comment

What we need in BF2 is pimp's to bitchslap al the whores!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rombaft
                            My girlfiend also complaines about me and gas
                            LOL my wife too. I call them SBD's. Silent but deadly.

Comment

7 out of 10 times they just follow the smoke trail from the canister and kill you

Comment

Working...
                              X