• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question about sound

hhee thats not good

Comment

I don't think you can do this as you'd probably get kicked for modified files. Not positive, but I'm pretty sure.

Also, be patient when waiting for an answer - this is a forum, not a chat room.

Comment

can you please just tell me where the sound files are located?

i cant even find them!

Comment

The sounds files are compressed, which is probably why you cant find them.

The compressed file can be found here: c:\program files\ea games\battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Common_client.zip
          - inside that file, you can find the music .ogg files in Sound/Menu/Music.

Let me know if you have any success, I'd be interested in this too

Comment

thanks for the help! however, do you know how to change say mp3 files to ogg files?

Comment

i used a program called goldwave to convert from mp3 to ogg format

Comment

Someone REALLY needs to END all this once and for all, and make and sacrifice it for all of us by doing the instructions listed above, and see if you can still enter punkbuster servers with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by D|sso
                  Someone REALLY needs to END all this once and for all, and make and sacrifice it for all of us by doing the instructions listed above, and see if you can still enter punkbuster servers with ease.
                  I have done it successfully. I removed all the intro movies and added my own movie to BF2, same can be done with SF.

You can use the same principle to add different music as long as its converted into BINK video format. I have tested this procedure thoroughly, including joining online punkbuster games and you don't get the modified content warning.

Here's how to do it properly, link: http://www.r2clan.com/modules.php?na...ewtopic&t=2045

This should finally end all the questions about this.

Enjoy

Comment

Working...
                  X