Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Ranked Servers?

Im new to BF2,

i've been asking a few questions, getting some inside info, Learning what a noob tube is, getting prone and working out what i have to do to progress.

However, when i did go online i couldnt find a ranked server, There was only one on the list in the multiplayer menu and it was full all night.

Is there a method to getting access to more servers?

I know some people dont care about rank and points but i think the whole point of the game is not endless killing but to become better at it so ranking is a sure fire way of seeing if you are improving.

Little Help Anyone?

Re: Finding Ranked Servers?

Check which modifiers you have checked. One of them says ranked. put an x in that box. Top left on the list of internet filters.

Comment

Yup, Tried that already, only one came up.

Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty_Harry
        Yup, Tried that already, only one came up.

Why is that?
        Probably because of the other filter options you have chosen, such as 'Not Full' or 'Populated'.

Comment

I'm guessing you use the in-game browser. There are many alternatives to this, the best in my opinion being BF2 Auto Loader. Im sure you'll be able to find many ranked servers using it, and it doesn't limit your search to using only one or two filters, as the in-game broswer does.

As to improving and getting better, I think you'll find yourself getting annoyed on ranked servers, as they offer little in terms of team work and improving tactics. If you really want to learn Teamplay, and improve on all aspects, it's important to find a quiet server with people willing to help you out. There are several servers that do this, but many of them are not ranked, cause they're cloased off and sometimes modify the rules to the game's advantage. TacticalGamer.com has such servers, you'll find the link in my sig. Read the rules and join the server. You'll learn much faster, believe me, and will never be able to play anywhere else.

Feel free to PM if you have any other questions.

Comment

^shameless plug.

Dirty Harry, most likely as Spuddy said, clear all the choices you have selected in the internet filters. then check only Ranked, update the server list. You don't need to download anything. The server browser works just fine.

Comment

When people complain about bunnyhopping and TK's, everyone's happy. But when someone like the Project Reality guys or TG tries to offer a possible solution? It's considered a "shameless" plug. I'm not gonna earn any money or a shiny virtual medal for him joining the server. I'm just trying to help him avoid the grotesqeries of playing on a ranked server.

Comment

have a look at your filters?, have you tried xfire????

Comment

Thanks for the info,

I will try all the suggestions but i have already done a search on the in game browser with only the "Ranked server" box checked and refreshed a good few times only to get the same full ranked server.

I welcome any suggestions and will check them all out.

By joining a server, what are the requirements? I.e does it cost, i dont have a huge amount of time to play. I do like the idea of people who help you out, I managed to hook up with one player , we jumped into a chopper killed a few people but he bailed out and i had no idea what the parachute key was. Doh!

last night i was getting "spawn Raped" is it? For someone new it is not much fun. I would prefer more team based play, maybe what the game was originally meant for.

X Fire? I think it came installed on my pc, whats that then?

So what does game spy do for you?

Comment

Dirty Harry,

One quick point, have you updated (Patched) your BF2 to 1.12? Download, apply it go back into your game, tick the box that makes sure servers are on the same patch as you (1.12) If you've just installed BF2 and haven't updated that is why there aren't many servers, theres about 2500 servers on my ingame server browser, but when I installed maybe only 7-8.

Heres the link for BF" Patch 1.12:
                    http://www.electronicarts.co.uk/down...asp?dl_id=1310

Comment

Where do i get the patch,

You know, you may be onto something holmes!

Comment

Doh! Just seen your link. Cheers, Will update as to what happens, 273MB Thats a Spicey Meatball!!

Comment

Yes it is a big patch, but it allows the intergration between the expansion Special Forces and normal BF2 Players. :laugh: Took me about 45 minutes.

Quick note; If you get the expansion, you will need to re-apply the patch again afterwards.

EA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Comment

xfire is a programme that finds servers, a chat server, friend finder, and u can join the same severs as your mates, give it a go, and read the help files, if you need any more help just ask, ive been on it for about 3 mths or so and it works well, it also logs wot games you have been playing and for ow long???

Comment

Originally posted by CougarSeven
                              Dirty Harry,

One quick point, have you updated (Patched) your BF2 to 1.12? Download, apply it go back into your game, tick the box that makes sure servers are on the same patch as you (1.12) If you've just installed BF2 and haven't updated that is why there aren't many servers, theres about 2500 servers on my ingame server browser, but when I installed maybe only 7-8.

Heres the link for BF" Patch 1.12:
                              http://www.electronicarts.co.uk/down...asp?dl_id=1310
                              My god! It took 10 posts before someone figured out he didn't have the right version?

For shame!!

Glad ta see you're on your toes Cougar.

Comment

Working...
                              X