Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the RPG-7s guided missles in SF?

Topic

Re: Are the RPG-7s guided missles in SF?

No.

Comment

Faster, shorter range, not guided. But does not trigger warning in targeted vehicle.

Comment

You forgot less damage and has "drop".

I woulda put more detail into my reply if the OP hadn't made a completely lazy post.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp

I woulda put more detail into my reply if the OP hadn't made a completely lazy post.

What did you want? Four pages asking if the RPG-7's are guided missle in SF?

Comment

Specifics.

Comment

"But does not trigger warning in targeted vehicle."

all are not

Comment

i disagree rpg does less damage maybe in real life but i found a way to kill it in 2 hits you got to aim at the tank from its ass the back side. if you can get 2 shots on the back it will catch on fire and explode in like 5 seconds.

Comment

However, 2 shots from a guided AT will result in an insta-boom if you place 'em in the same place.

They do inflict less damage, but not a whole lot less.
                  They are also hella fun and I with I could unlock 'em for Vbf2.

Oh, forgot... you also get more ammo with 'em.

Comment

I like em for the speed of missle/reload and the fact that it takes skill to use em since it isnt guided. Gotta compensate for drop is fun IMO.

Comment

I find I tend to live longer using 'em too.
                      Fire 'n duck behind cover right away. No standing out in the open trying to guide that sucker in. They also seem to have larger splash damage and thus are better against infantry. I could be wrong on this as I haven't tested, but I managed to get 3 guys in one spam shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp

Oh yeah.... I guess because by saying shorter range I meant the rpg just sat there and hovered as oposed to dropped....

Comment

I was being specific.
                          Just because the RPG drops doesn't mean it has less range. In theory, you could launch it on an arc that would take it further than a guided missile's range.

I haven't tested this tho. Dunno if the RPG rounds eventually self detonate/fade out.

Comment

I dunno if this falls into the class of being n00by, but they're a hell of a lot of fun for taking out ppl on zip wires. Also good fun for clocking speeding motorists on their little quad bikes.

Whilst it does drop, on warlord I've been on the top of the palace and taken out apcs hafeway down the road. The less damage is annoying, but you can fire and duck rather than standing there like a lemon as you guide it onto your target.

Comment

The RPG does not have a larger splash damage it is the same as the guided

"Just because the RPG drops doesn't mean it has less range."

Yes it does. guided can go on forever the rpg can only go 40feet before it drops. You can shot it in the air to make it last longer but whats the point in that?

Comment

Working...
                              X