3d Studio Max or Gmax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3d Studio Max or Gmax?

Ok, I have no idea whatsosever on which one I should get. I could get 3d Studio Max if its that much better, but Gmax would be tons easier just to get and learn right away. Are there any other 3d modelers that are better than Gmax for free?

i'm just getting into modding and stuff like that, but have been doing photoshop for about a year, so this is a whole new front for me.

ps. i am on a mac (i have 2 pc's, but spend virtually no time on them, only to play BF 2 and BF 1942)

Re: 3d Studio Max or Gmax?

*me thinks you wont be purchasing 3ds from the sounds of tht para hmmmmmm*

3ds is way better - gmax was good to learn on but once you see 3ds and start using it you start to realize alot of the processes of creating and especially skinning your model are far easier and less time consuming in 3ds...

if you feel intimidated - get gmax and have a look - its interface is almost identical to 3ds and it does have most of the BASIC functions of 3ds.

if your serious - get 3ds straight up and start the learning curve - plenty of tut's on the web for those who look for them...

have fun

Comment

is Gmax and 3ds only PC?

i just got Bryce 5, and i've used that before, but from what i've read its nothing like other modeling programs

what programs could i use on a Mac for simple modeling?

i just wanna learn a little bit before i get 3dstudio for my PC

Comment

No i think you can have 3ds max for the mac to (dont hold me 2 that tho)

Comment

Originally posted by jimbob
          *me thinks you wont be purchasing 3ds from the sounds of tht para hmmmmmm*

3ds is way better - gmax was good to learn on but once you see 3ds and start using it you start to realize alot of the processes of creating and especially skinning your model are far easier and less time consuming in 3ds...

if you feel intimidated - get gmax and have a look - its interface is almost identical to 3ds and it does have most of the BASIC functions of 3ds.

if your serious - get 3ds straight up and start the learning curve - plenty of tut's on the web for those who look for them...

have fun
          sounds like that to me too:laugh:

Comment

I dont think 3dsmax or Gmax is for Mac

Maya is for mac though

Comment

Working...
            X