Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SF CTD, Anyone kind enough to reason with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF CTD, Anyone kind enough to reason with me?

I bought the SF expansion from play.com last friday but i cannot get it to work. It CTD's all the time after showing the EA logo. I have tried all known solutions available and even contacted EA support but they dont have a clue.

The last thing im not going to do is format my hard drive because i cant be arsed to loose all my precious data, emails,,,,,just everything really!

So, im asking if anyone could be kind enough to log in with my details and unlock the new weapons for me while i figure out how to make SF work. BF2 plays normally without any CTD's

Re: SF CTD, Anyone kind enough to reason with me?

Reinstall the 1.12 patch and should be ok.

Comment

Sounds Dumb, but you've made a new rule for BF2:SF in your Firewall settings, haven't you?

Comment

ive tried everything, ive even disabled the firewall and used a cable instead of my wireless. nothing has worked so far. uninstalled bf2, special forces, all the patches reinstalled but no sucess.

you name it, i have tried it........

Comment

have your tried maybe formatting your whole computer? Although I would not suggest this because of the time and everything you will loose, but if you are that desperate then go right ahead, but make sure that you have all your drivers and everything.. and even if ya do get it working your just going to be getting a bunch of lag and bugs just like the rest of us

Comment

If you're getting a CTD, as I did, check something out first:

Goto into your multiplayer settings, and choose a server. Does it display the IPort (i.e 202.34.45.46:16567) or does it show a 0: ?

If it's the latter, I had to actually uninstall and reinstall BF2 + SF. Here are the steps needed:

Uninstall BF2 SF
            Uninstall BF2
            Reboot
            Install BF2 + 1.03 patch (i just do it this way)
            Reboot
            Install BF2 SF expansion, let it patch the game
            Install 1.12 patch

This should resolve it.

If not, I have a couple other ideas.

PEACE

Comment

...oops, I just re-read your reply, and noticed you've already re-installed.

So, you've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the way I have made it work?

Does BF2 original CTD, or only SF?

Try this next thing and tell me what you see:

Go into BF2 original
              Click on the community tab
              Find the Custom Games section
              Where it displays both BF2 original and Special Forces, can you write down exactly what you see?

It should be something like the following:

Battlefield 2 1.12
              Battlefield 2: Special Forces 1.12

If either of those show up as 1.1 or something weird, try reinstalling the 1.12 patch. If it still doesn't work, I still suggest trying out my exact steps.

Also, after you uninstall your game, and reboot, MAKE CERTAIN THAT THE ENTIRE BATTLEFIELD2 DIRECTORY AND/OR PERSONAL SETTINGS FOLDER (normally in your My documents folder) ARE ERASED. This is one of the steps I hadn't done, and I was still getting CTD and other weird issues...like: Please reconnect with an unmodified content version blah blah blah

The funny thing is, it's my girlfriend who brought light to make certain to erase the entire folder, and she thought it was funny that I'd had forgotten to do so, because I praise this step to her everytime she has a problem with any software. I show her tricks and tips on how to fix her PC, since that is what I do, but even I can miss such a simple step.

PEACE...let us know how you do!

Comment

Have to say the obvious:
                Do you have the latest video drivers from ATI/Nvidia?

Comment

Done all that. thanks for the reply's. I even tried the catalysts that came with my radeon card. 4.8 or something and it still CTD's.

BF2 plays nicely, it has never CTD and i even have the exact same settings on both but the SF expansion just wont start.

I am at my end here, someone unlcok my weapons for me while i figure out how to make the damn game to start

I can even offer to give my cd key so that someone who can install it can give me my unlocks

Comment

Originally posted by Withywood
                    Done all that. thanks for the reply's. I even tried the catalysts that came with my radeon card. 4.8 or something and it still CTD's.

BF2 plays nicely, it has never CTD and i even have the exact same settings on both but the SF expansion just wont start.

I am at my end here, someone unlcok my weapons for me while i figure out how to make the damn game to start

I can even offer to give my cd key so that someone who can install it can give me my unlocks
                    There has to be something you are missing.

Did you look in your community and multiplayer settings? Can you tell me if it displays the IP and port when you click on a server? What about the Community, Custom Games section? What do you see? This will help eliminate a faulty install.

Also, as Mr. QuakerOats mentioned, you can always try and resolve your issues with the newest Catalyst drivers, the ones I work with are the 5.11, and they seem fairly stable. I know BF2 SF uses a different type of lighting system to properly utilize the "night maps".

Keep us posted.

PEACE

Comment

Working...
                    X