Russian voices sound really off, and I don't even know Russian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian voices sound really off, and I don't even know Russian

First off, maybe Russian is just a really odd language, but it seems that every sentence the Russians say in SF is composed of no more than 4 words. For example "You'll live buddy, now get back to the fight.", according to EA, can be said in only 2 or 3 words in Russian, or atleast that's what it sounds like.

And some of the Russian voice acting is just plain funny. For example, the commander of the spetz sounds so relaxed you'd think he was on marijuanna (sp?) and the Rebel commander is always talking in a kind of half whisper, like he's trying to creep you out or something

Then there's the Rebel squad leader. This guy cracks me up when he says "Hey thanks" and "Good deal thanks" in Russian. Is it just me or does he sound very "special" when he says this? I know this is "Special Forces", but I'm talking about the other kind of "special".

Finally, what's the deal with giving the Spetz and Rebels different voices? In a real battle I wouldn't think you'd be able to tell if your enemy was right around the corner just by their voice if you speak the same language. Unless the Rebels have a chechnyan accent or something.

Not that this destroys the game or anything, but it's just something I thought I'd point out.

Re: Russian voices sound really off, and I don't even know Russian

I think the rebels speak something else cuz I thought attack in russian is ataka but the rebels say ataku, i dunno

Comment

Russian voices are fine Im russian xD

Comment

I remember how awesome the Russian soundbyte for "Go, go, go!" was in PoE. When I first heard BF2's "Go, go, go" for the Russians, part of me died inside.

Comment

When the rebel commander calls a sniper, I always break-up with laughter. He says it with this sultry voice. You'd almost think he is in love with the sniper.

Comment

Здравствулте!. Мой русский очень плох, но я могу поговорить немногую.

Comment

Russian voices are fine Im russian xD
              You Russians must be able to have pretty quick conversations if you can say "Alright, you're good to go!" in two words.

Comment

"Russian voices sound really off, and I don't even know Russian"

Read:

"I feel I must be able to criticise something I can't speak".

WTG Champ!

Comment

I am russian and the russian voice over is horrible. Its like they've been told to do a voice over for a stalin era patriotic movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                    Здравствулте!. Мой русский очень плох, но я могу поговорить немногую.
                    Hi! My russian is very bad [true:laugh: ], but I speak some.

Comment

Everyone keeps b*tching about the voices. If you hate em so much. Turn them all to English. Its an option the game provides, because they knew people were going to b*tch.

Comment

Working...
                      X