Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game takes 2 minutes to start ????

Hi everyone,

I tried searching the forums for a answer to my problem but did not come up with anything.

Since I installed patch 1.12, the game takes about 2 minutes to start. What I mean is that, when I double click the BF2 icon, the screen goes black for about 2 minutes, then I see the EA splash screen, and every thing runs smoothly afterwards. Before it took 5-6 seconds max !

As anyone experienced this as well and found a cure for it.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Game takes 2 minutes to start ????

nope but could be worse its running dont mess with it LOL.

Comment

How much RAM you got?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Karl
        How much RAM you got?
        I got 1.5 gig of ram (2x 256mb and 2x 512mb dual channel ddr pc3200)

Do I need more ???

Comment

should be good are you running XP
          if so run msconfig> check selective startup uncheck process system.ini, and uncheck win.ini leave load system services and startup services checked go into system service and check the bottom box hide all microsoft services now uncheck all others. do the same for your starup service uncheck all that arent needed. click ok and restart. THIS WILL GIVE YOU A CLEAN STARTUP AND ELIMINATE ALMOST ALL BACKGROUND TASKS.

Comment

you could try deleting the startup video files.. like the "EA CHALLENGE EVERYTHING" vid, and the Dice one.

ps it should say "EA, WE ARE COMPLETELY MENTALLY CHALLENGED"

Comment

Originally posted by [280d]Bulldog
              should be good are you running XP
              if so run msconfig> check selective startup uncheck process system.ini, and uncheck win.ini leave load system services and startup services checked go into system service and check the bottom box hide all microsoft services now uncheck all others. do the same for your starup service uncheck all that arent needed. click ok and restart. THIS WILL GIVE YOU A CLEAN STARTUP AND ELIMINATE ALMOST ALL BACKGROUND TASKS.
              I tried that, and it did not make a difference, it's weird because before the patch it worked fine.

Comment

stupid EA

Comment

I've found the cause of my problem, it was because I was not connected to the internet. Since I'm on dial-up, I'm not always connected, and this make the game hang for a while during start-up. But if I'm connected, no problem !!!

But this is a problem that appeared with patch 1.12. before the patch, it was fine.

Anyway thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
                  X