Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How To Kill The Music

Originally posted by signa
    ditto. plus I use headphones and they dont have a volume control.
    They do if you plug them into an amp.

Comment

it doesnt really matter tho cuz it actually sounds good and im always doing other work while waiting and usually when it gets to a certain part in the music, i kno the loading is done

Comment

First this music is not effected by in game settings ; its pregame. Thank all who informed me to turn my volume down however many headsets do not have that option. I am looking for the same type of folder adjustments that affords us to skip the intro movie and music. Has anybody figured that out with this new stuff.Not the volume knob got that thanks.

Comment

yea, I have no music for anything in the game, even when I am loading

Comment

yeah it's bloody annoying....

I hate it when you load up the normal game, then decide you want to play SF so the game reloads and goes through all the motion of starting again, and then my ears bleed cos of the music blaring out.

If i go in directly to any of the games then there is NO music playing while loading.

It really hacks me off, as the mods for previous Dice games worked really well and you could swap around in the menu, without having to reload the entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by majsmt
              Can any of you smart tech. guys please tell me how to eliminate the new music that accomodates the end of the loading process. Its the new stuff that came along with the new SF patch. Its loud and not effected by any of the audio settings and comes along just before the game starts.I hope somebody has figured it out.
              Not sure what music you are talking about that comes at the end of the loading process (my game starts at the end of the loading process. No music while in game. ) but I know how to get rid of the music during the loading process if setting music level to 0% isn't having any effect.

You need to change it for every map but here's an example using Dalian Plant:

Go to,

...EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Levels\Dalian_plant\Info

open Dalian_plant with notepad and look for this line:

music> common/sound/menu/music/load_CH_music.ogg </music>

rename the music file to anything else. Repeat for all maps. It's the same deal for Special Forces except you need to go into the Xpack directory.

Comment

also...does anyone know how to turn off the victory/defeat music?

Comment

Ya i think these guys are talking about the victory/defeat music - sometimes it can play when you connect to a server (i think this is a latency issue, the same problem as sometimes you will play the game for a few seconds then it'll kick you back to the 'join game' bit again).
                  AFAIK the only way to specifically remove these sounds is to modify the game, and yes this means removing the files from the compressed folders... and punkbuster will kick you for this.
                  One thing you could try, no idea if punkbuster will mind is locate the file you want to 'mute' in the compressed folder, and then create a real folder and file on your HDD with the exact same path but with a 0 byte size (i.e create a file in notepad then just save it. This used to work for quake games etc, as they tend to look on your physical drive for the existence of any files before they look in the compressed files.

Comment

does anyone know how to turn off the music in the menu.

Comment

bring back the old BF1942 music!!

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt_MaxPower
                        no dumbass, go to in game option audio and music = 0%

gosh!!
                        Hey. Dumbarse. When you join from a 3rd party browser (example Xfire or The Arena), the music plays automatically, at full volume, regardless of the settings. Think before you open your piehole next time. :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                        X