Knife Badge tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knife Badge tips?

I am about to try for my basic knife badge. With it being 7 kills i dont know how i havnt just randomly gotten it already, but whatever i guess.

Anyone know the best Map to try and get this on? I probably kill the most people with a knife on Wake but its awfully wide open and usually get shot first.

Re: Knife Badge tips?

Spawn camp on Karkand, the archway under the hotel, or the area just east of the square...

And even just Karkand in general, very chaotic map....

Comment

The_Misfit + my tips

1. use a kit with a long sprint (sniper) so you can catch up with them.
      2. if you get about a foot behind them with no sprint left do a jump prone and stab them
      3. Most importantly bind the knife to a button on your mouse so you can be ready quickly.

Its very difficult to get, the best I did was 17 kills IOR and after that I have given up as it drove me mad. But it was the best week ever as I felt invincible running into hails of bullets with only my knife as company.

Comment

or invite one enemy for a quite part of the map for a knife only fight

Comment

Just got this last night and I was surprised at how easy it was to get. I got it on my first try (well, I got my pistol in the round before and then tried to get the knife in the same round, but only got like 3 or 4 kills with it, so it was kind of 1.5 tries).

I personally did it on Karkand, large map, 64 players. Right at the begining of the round just run around the Hotel spawn point and kill people with the knife. It is so tight and so many people don't pay attention to UAVs that you can sneak up on them all the time.

I don't like the idea of being a fast class like sniper. . .I say save your sprint and be a class with armor so you can take a few more shots. Worked wonders for me.

Make sure to check the roofs for snipers. I got 2 of the 7 in one round from snipers on the roofs watching the alleys near the hotel.

My other strategy was to fight my way into a that second fenced in area right below the Hotel. Starting from the USMC NE spawn point, you go through one fence opening behind those stacks of pipes and then into the next opening.

I blasted my way in with the nade launcher and then hid behind the dumpster. If their is no enemy UAV, they don't look there and if you have friendly UAV, you can jump guys when they come out from the alley or when the medics come out to revive the guys you just blasted.

I got this in no more than 10 minutes with a bit of practice in the round before. . . I was really surprised at how easy it was. . .I thought it would be downright impossible to get. I did die a bunch with my knife, but the 7 kills isn't all that hard when you have so many tickets to work with.

BTW, I only have 18 total knife kills and 25 deaths (including the 7 I got in that round), so it is not like I am some knife master.

Comment

Karkand 64, be a medic, be sneaky, pay close attention to UAV's to sneak around the enemy. If you are serious about it, use your knife ONLY, so you can see exactly how many kills you have and how many more you need to obtain your desired medal. I used this technique to get my expert, I ended up with 23 knife kills, a positive k/d ratio and, expert knife, and a silver medal.

You must avoid enemies at long range, if you can't do this...your results will be poor!

Comment

The best part about trying to get this is that twice while running around with the knife, I ran into another guy who, even when there were guys all around us with guns ablazin' he STILL whipped out his knife and battled with me. I won both of them. . . but it was unfair because I had the advantage of being warmed up.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! I was just about to post the same question...

Comment

With the new unlocks from SF. you might try as assult. Flashbang people then run in and knife them.

Comment

Play on a map with a lot of stairs and hide and knife as they come.

Comment

for a visual display watch Magic8Ball's knifing video

Comment

just make sure u reload ur knife quickly!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X