What about nintendo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What about nintendo?

I think Nintendo has been in a slump ever since the release of the Nintendo 64. They never quite achieved the same greatness that they were so well known for with the NES and SNES. The Nintendo 64 was a huge hit in my opionion and some of the greatest works of gaming art to ever be released were exclusive to the N64. However, as my memory recalls, the N64 had poor sales; this coupled with the fact that cartridges were very expensive to manufacture probably put Nintendo in a huge hole. The Sony Playstation was also released at around the same time and was incredibly popular. Nintendo used to be the de facto term for video games amongst the uninitiated, but now I believe the honor has gone to Sony's "Playstation".

I have not seen any Gamecube games or bothered to play it as I have dropped out of the console gaming scene in favor of the PC scene. I'm sure Nintendo released some rock solid hits for it. Their software developers are alchemists; they convert code into pure gold. Rarely have I seen a bad Nintendo game. Software development is definitly Nintendos strongest suit and if they ever have to pull out of the hardware business, you can bet your ass that they will follow in Segas footsteps and continue to churn out the best and most creative games in the gaming industry. Hell, they may even merge with Sega for all we know. The oppurtunity is certainly there imho.

Comment

Working...
    X