Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

keep getting cd key code error after patch install HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keep getting cd key code error after patch install HELP!

Hey guys.......where is the best site to get a clean version of the patch?...It takes like 3 tries to get it to installation complete instead of patch failed....then I get the cd key code error...tried going to BF2 folder and reinputing key code but still comes up with error message.....got patch from EA site....I end up in frustration and play without the patch with about 40 servers none of which are ranked.......Help!

system Emachine T6410
    +3200 , i Gig Kingston
    Xpress 200 integrated (looking to upgrade to 6600 gt or6800gs, depending on budget) .

Re: keep getting cd key code error after patch install HELP!

same thing

Comment

I got mine from EA and have had no issues. You may want to try uninstalling completely. Clean the registry, do a virus/adware/spyware scan, re-install and apply ONLY the v1.12 patch.

Comment

If the patch was installed on a different Windows account than the one you are trying to play BF2 with, then it will cause this problem. If this is the case, then answer to your problem is over in EA's customer service FAQs

Comment

Xpress 200 integrated is dat the graphics card u using? does it work? and about the post yea.. am also having trouble installing the patch

Comment

Yes the Xpress 200 runs BF2,,,have to run on all low settings of course..it's going to be updated soon to either a xfx 6600 gt or a g800 gs depending on cash:hmm: cant wait.

I downloaded the new patch v1.12 to a cd to load on system...maybe that will give me \cleaner install...geez it seems likw rocket science to get this game to run!!

Comment

Working...
            X