Desperate For Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate For Help

I've been playing BF2 Vanilla for 5 months without a hitch with most of the settings on high and medium.

I installed SF and since then, my frame rates in Multiplayer have been stuck between 15 and 16....whis is unplayable.

I have tried EVERYTHING including putting all the settings on low, and even uninstalling BOTH games and reinstalling.

NOTHING is working. Can somebody PLEASE help me? Am I doing something wrong? I know it can't be my computer because BF2 vanilla was working PERFECTLY. The extra $30 I spent to download SF has caused me $100 in time, energy and frustration.

PLEASE HELP

Re: Desperate For Help

It's the expansion pack. It was not optimized. It was rushed out for the X-mas season. Everyone is getting the same performance.

Comment

But it seems through reading all these threads that there are a lot of people who are playing it just fine? how can that be?

Comment

It's fine for me until gas is popped or dust is kicked up by a vehicle! lol

p4 3.4
        2gb 4000
        128 9800pro oc 410/375

Comment

I can run everything on high, no aa and rarely have it lag.

Comment

I"M NOT asking or looking for people to respond with how WELL their game is working. Please respond with HELPFUL ANSWERS or SOLUTIONS

Comment

the reply is wait for the patch. There is no fix.

Comment

Originally posted by TMUNNY
                I"M NOT asking or looking for people to respond with how WELL their game is working. Please respond with HELPFUL ANSWERS or SOLUTIONS
                :laugh: Wow you really are frustrated. Try contacting EA. The new expansions a bitch.

Comment

You need the new ATI drivers!

Without them SF is crazy lag.:cry:

Comment

Yes 90% of the cause of these problems are outdated graphics drivers. I know I had the same problem until I updated my NVidia ones to the latest 81.95 and now I am pulling 50-70 on any map.

Comment

Originally posted by TMUNNY
                      But it seems through reading all these threads that there are a lot of people who are playing it just fine? how can that be?
                      Because it makes them feel better . The reality is, every computer is affected, no matter the specifications. Add to that, the 1.12 patch hosed the performance in BF2 also. Hopefully EA will go away and allow Dice to make BF2 & SF the quality products they were supposed to be.

Comment

Get new drivers for your Graphic and Soundcard, also make sure you have the latest drivers for all of your harware ex. Chipset.

Make sure you do regular maintenance on your computer. For example Defrag your harddrive, clean out the registry with a register cleaner, be sure to run ad-aware to remove any spyware, run a anti virus program etc. The list goes on.

If you want to know more about your computer and what you need to do to keep it running smooth and troublefree. Checkout the "Tweaking Companion" over at TweakGuides.com

That 166 pages long guide cover most if not all areas of your computer and what you can do to make it preform like it was new. It also focuses on freeware so money doesent need to be an issue.

Hope you will be able to play soon

/Flippin

Comment

Originally posted by QuakerOatz
                          You need the new ATI drivers!
                          https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...e&folderID=293

Without them SF is crazy lag.:cry:
                          As well as with them unless you drop some graphics options and resolution.... this game was obviously rushed and we are paying for it.

Comment

for me personally i have a laptop and am able to play with everything on high at a high resolution too. the new patch actually decreased the lag on my computer, in fact most of the wierd lag went away and the fps increased too.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who posted help. I am going to update my sound and video drivers now. I always defrag and spycheck my computer, so I'll report back after the driver updates.

Comment

Working...
                              X