v1.12 update screwed my bf2!![HELP]!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v1.12 update screwed my bf2!![HELP]!!

I only have bf2 regular version installed with patch 1.03 installed. I downloaded the 280MB v. 1.12 patch and installed it. NowBf2 doesn't load at alll. What the hell did that patch do to it? help.

Re: v1.12 update screwed my bf2!![HELP]!!

try if this will fix it.

Uninstall BF2
    delete all registry on it (start>run>regedit and delete all dice or electric arts stuff regarding bf2)
    install bf2
    restart
    install patch
    restart

that should fix the problem...

Comment

Originally posted by Sp0r3
      try if this will fix it.

Uninstall BF2
      delete all registry on it (start>run>regedit and delete all dice or electric arts stuff regarding bf2)
      install bf2
      restart
      install patch
      restart

that should fix the problem...
      I have the same problem, tried the above, did not work

NEITHER DID A COMPLETE CLEAN INSTALL OF WINXP ON A NEW HDD

The patch has serious flaws, many people have exactly the same problem, and noone knows how to fix it - I know because I have tried every suggestion out there.

Actually, that is not true, I have not tried renaming the bf2.exe to something else (someone reckons that the ATI/Nvidia profiles might be the cause) and I have not tried just running it on a winXP service pack 1 system.

I am going to try them today, but I know it won't work, and I am finding it hard to maintain any motivation to do another windows install.

Comment

I just tried that. fresh clean install. It worked fine with the bf2 core install. Then i installed the patch 1.12 using after copy the 2 PATCH.RTP and PATCH.RTD files. Then copying the patch.exe & patchw32.dll and then ran the patch.exe. the command prompt ran the patch but it said "file already exists" or something like that. not sure if thats part of the patch. Now the game does not load properly. it freezes after the initial EA load screen right after the beginning video. ???HELP??

Comment

just tried installing the patch in safe mode, i picked it up from EA's forum page. Didn't work, same patch fail error and patchlog error.

Comment

Originally posted by fusionacid
            just tried installing the patch in safe mode, i picked it up from EA's forum page. Didn't work, same patch fail error and patchlog error.

told you mate, patch 1.12 does not work at all on some peeps systems, I am guessing it is a hardware problem - either nvidia graphics or nvidia motherboard chipset

I have

6800GT
            Asus a7n8x (an nforce 2 mobo)

how about you? Would be good to at least confirm who is getting this.

Comment

i have the same issue. It loads up to the point where you log in, and then it freezes at the "A message from EA" window and i have to hit the reset button.. Starting to get mad. Everything worked fine before 1.12.

ATI 9250
              AMD x64 2800+
              1 gig ram
              blah blah

Comment

I have the same issue as well. Must be the Whiteman out to get me.

Works fine with original install... Patch it and it crashes to desktop when I load it. Sounds like something an oppressive cracker would do. 8)

AMD x64fx57 2800
                Nvidia 7800GT
                DFI LANPArty Ultra-D MLB
                2GB of Crucial Ballistic PC5000 RAM
                2 Raptor 10,000 RPM SATA drives
                Water Cooled and BF2 won't run even when UNDERCLOCKED!

Comment

Working...
                X