Problem Connecting to Account Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Connecting to Account Server

I just started playing bf2 a little while ago, and yesterday after a little while i got disconnected and haven't been able to connect to my account.. when i insert the cd and the loading options come up the options stating "play bf2 online now" and "play bf2" are not highlighted. can anyone help?

Re: Problem Connecting to Account Server

Update: the problem is definitely i can't connect to my account.. whenever i try to connect it says its connecting but it never actually gets to connect.. then when i check the task manager it says the program is not responding.. can someone please help i really want to play but this is hindering me..

Comment

Read around on the forums, alot of people are having this problem today. The server is probably just down.

Comment

have you guys also the fact, that it takes forever to disconnect ?

I can understand it takes long to connect when the server is down, but disconnecting shoud be no problem

Comment

really? i was thinking it was because i dropped the f-bomb once.. lol... but ill check around.. thanks for answering..it also happens for the Special Forces expansion.

Comment

Originally posted by Insomniac912
            really? i was thinking it was because i dropped the f-bomb once.. lol... but ill check around.. thanks for answering..it also happens for the Special Forces expansion.
            Of course it happens on SF. Did you think they would use diffrent servers to track those stats?

Comment

I'm having the samr problem

Comment

Everyone is, there server is down... surprised they dont have a backup... we can't even play single player when servers are down. Anyway... If I hear its up I will post back here.

Comment

i have got the same problem me and my bro on different comps could not log on , after a few tries he has managed to connect but i am still waiting

Comment

Originally posted by DXSpartan
                    Everyone is, there server is down... surprised they dont have a backup... we can't even play single player when servers are down. Anyway... If I hear its up I will post back here.
                    You can play single player. You have to set up a new account with the single player option instead of multiplayer. Then you can play single player and practice.

Comment

It's funny theres no official announcement.

It makes me wonder if EA didn't have some unexpected visitors that messed their server up.

I hope it comes up soon.

Comment

im having the same proplem

Comment

I'd almost bet money that the servers got F'ed because of the game programming itself. The super virus that they created with their patches is about to take over all electronics, and a war against the machines is developing. I think they aught to make a "Terminator 4: Battlefield 2 Caused It", where John Conner finds out that the whole supervirus was just the next patch of BF2 that went horribly wrong.

Comment

I was wondering does anybody else take forever to connect to the account server... i can get on it just take like 5 mins just to connect ****es me off

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Sasaphras
                              I was wondering does anybody else take forever to connect to the account server... i can get on it just take like 5 mins just to connect ****es me off

Yeah I am having the same issue as we speak, I have had no problems in the past and was playing online last night and nothing has changed on my system since then. I have contacted the clan i am joined up with and had a chat with their admin guys who aren't having any problems logging on themselves. If it is a server issue why would it only be affecting a certain amount of people and not all users? mmmm doesn't seem to make sense if anyone can shed some light on the situation it would be greatly appreciated as at the moment i cant even get into bf2 as it just keeps trying to connect to the account server and does nothing else i left it for about 15 mins and still not logged in. I try alt tab to get back to windows and then it has even more of a hissy fit and means that i have to completly turn off the pc and reboot. I have however found ctrl alt del helps as longs as alt tab is not touched.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP :hmm:

Comment

Working...
                              X