Flight question Hopper etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight question Hopper etc

Im having problems with flying. I was wondering if there is a way to change controls so that you can stear with the mouse and use your keyboard to keep it stead (so it doesnt flip over). Because with the default controls, i have a hard time aiming with the keayboard.

Also please give some insight on how to learn to fly and your control setup

Thanks

Re: Flight question Hopper etc

i also have some other questions 1) as the gunner is there a way to move the missile camera around, or is it stuck in that one area? 2) Why does the choppe decelerate automaticaly if i take my finger off the accelerator?

Comment

Originally posted by CNNterrorist
      i also have some other questions 1) as the gunner is there a way to move the missile camera around, or is it stuck in that one area? 2) Why does the choppe decelerate automaticaly if i take my finger off the accelerator?
      Well, the default controls are mouse and keyboard as well as keyboard(WASD) and arrows. I prefer keyboard (WASD) and mouse, and unless you messed with settings, using mouse and keyboard should be possible. Taking your finger off the accelarator - think of it as a car and a gas pedal.

As for your second post, no, the TV camera is fixed at whatever the pilot is aiming at - I think the area is somewhere below pilots crosshair. Once you fire the missile, you can control it by moving the coursor to the area you want to hit and CLICKING. you can do it multiple number of times to steer it.

I hope I answered all your questions.

Comment

thanks, but about the comtrols, the default controls have it set so that you stear with your keyboard and keep it steady with the mouse, i rather stear as in turn with my mouse and keep it steady with the keyboard, like if im on foot.

Comment

thanks, but about the comtrols, the default controls have it set so that you stear with your keyboard and keep it steady with the mouse, i rather stear as in turn with my mouse and keep it steady with the keyboard, like if im on foot.
          Well you cant really do that since to move a helicopter you need to put it on angles to move, for example you need to point the nose down to move forward etc... I am not sure if you can do the opposite, for example, how can you control the throttle (power) with your mouse? Or am i misunderstanding something?

Comment

Originally posted by [i]_Bleed_to_Death
            Well you cant really do that since to move a helicopter you need to put it on angles to move, for example you need to point the nose down to move forward etc... I am not sure if you can do the opposite, for example, how can you control the throttle (power) with your mouse? Or am i misunderstanding something?
            the way i would set it is keep mouse for angling down and up... the Y axis and the X axis would move it left and right, my forward and backward keyboard arrows would be accelerate and decelerate and my side arrows would be left and right angles (to keep is straight)

Problem is that i cannot set the stearing to my X mouse axis, when i click the key and than move my mouse in a X axis dirrection to set a X axis control, it says that there is a duplicate control in common controls.

i guess ill have to learn how to fly using the defult settings.

Also i was wondering what the 2 sensitivity controls below mouse sensetivity do?

Comment

the way i would set it is keep mouse for angling down and up... the Y axis and the X axis would move it left and right, my forward and backward keyboard arrows would be accelerate and decelerate and my side arrows would be left and right angles (to keep is straight)

Problem is that i cannot set the stearing to my X mouse axis, when i click the key and than move my mouse in a X axis dirrection to set a X axis control, it says that there is a duplicate control in common controls.

Also i was wondering what the 2 sensitivity controls below mouse sensetivity do?
              Those are how fast you move sidways (circles in plane) using the keyboard A and S settings. You can look up those terms in encyclopedia to get a better idea of what those are. I persopnaly have no idea how to set the mouse, maybe there is a way to edit the game files, I will have to check. For the sensetivity, personally, the best is to go for max for all of them, unless you have trouble hovering or keeping it steady when you need too.

Comment

you can add me on msn if you have it we can find an empty server if you want and LEARN2FLY.

Comment

thanks for the info man, i always get yelled at and called a noob when i ask about flying ingame.

but than i get my revange when i fill up a transport chopper with BASTARDS lol and than fly upside-down untill i hit a tree and explode lololol

Comment

Well, I found a file which you can edit in notepad, you could mess around with it i guess, just back it up. C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Settings\Default\Controls and helicopter.con to edit it and save you will need to move it to another folder, copy folder "controls", uncheck "read only" in properties, edit it, save, then check read only, and replace with original files. I am pretty sure this is legal, if you get kicked for "edited content" just put the folder you backed up back to its original place and it should be fine. I am not exactly sure which line to edit, you will need to look through it and understand how it works i guess.

Comment

It is most likly here:

ControlMap.addAxisToTriggerMapping c_PINextItem c_PIPrevItem IDFMouse IDAxis_2
                      ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIMouseLookX IDFMouse IDAxis_0 0
                      ControlMap.addAxisToAxisMapping c_PIMouseLookY IDFMouse IDAxis_1 0
                      ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIMouseLookX IDFKeyboard IDKey_ArrowRight IDKey_ArrowLeft 1
                      ControlMap.addKeysToAxisMapping c_PIMouseLookY IDFKeyboard IDKey_ArrowUp IDKey_ArrowDown 1

but i am not exacly sure.

Comment

I think this is a bad idea. First try to play with inverse mouse and maybe lower the sensitivity. When you're not crashing as much crank the sensitivity up until you max it out and realearn everything.

Don't do this you are sacrificing detail which you need.

Comment

Working...
                        X