Will I be able to run BFSF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I be able to run BFSF?

Hello everyone. I have been hearing that this game doesnt run as good as BF2. I was wondering if a Radeon 9800 pro and 2 gigs of ram will be able to run this all medium settings and no AA. Thank you

Re: Will I be able to run BFSF?

You will run ok. Your RAm will help alot. But you did hear right. SF takes more power then BF2.

Clock is ticking on your video card. How much memory on that?

Comment

The video card is 256 mb. For christmas im getting SF and another gig of ram so I hope it runs fine.

Comment

so 3 gigs? or you will have 2 gigs with the one your getting for christmas?It will run fine on all medium and even 2x AA

Comment

No no, I have a gig now and am getting another one for Christmas

Comment

I have a 9800 pro a 2.8GHz pentium 4 and 768 meg of ram and let me tell you that I can run all medium settings and AA 6x (or maybe its just 4x) and the game runs great.

I did the lag reducing steps found in the tips section of this forum and the one that helped my setting was the one to change the AGP aperture from the standard 64Mb to 256MB so the card uses more RAM....really helped out lag and performance alot.

Comment

AGP aperture?

Comment

Sorry guys, gave some false info. I have a Radeon 9800 pro with 128 mb, not 256. With 2 gigs of ram and 128 mb video card, can I still run on medium settings?

Comment

Yes aperture is the amount of RAM your video card uses, the higher the better.

And yes cyriptic, the 9800 pro only has 128 meg, and whats your processor?

Like I said, for me, 768 ram, 2.8 pentium 4 and a 9800 pro with 256mb of aperture, and it runs mostly medium settings I think...AA is on too...

Comment

Erm, im not great with computers, I just know how to play games How do I check my processor and all of my computer "stats"

Comment

And also, how do you set the aperture?

Comment

If you want to set your aperature, just go into your BIOS and set it... really ez

Comment

Working...
                        X