major FPS gain here, dynamic shadows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• major FPS gain here, dynamic shadows

I had some FPS problems, sometimes FPS drops to 10-20 , this with an OC'd 4000+ and an OC's 7800GTX.

I run everything high and AA4x , but now I just put the dynamic shadows to medium and suddenly my FPS stays between 50 and 80 , and you actualy don't see any difference in the game itself, I think there dynamic shadows are bugged, people using should lower it and look if they have fps gain .

I could be that on some pc's or with some vid cards this works, with some don't

Re: major FPS gain here, dynamic shadows

any "dynamic" options always seem to lower fps by ridiculous amounts...

Comment

Yes your right - I do notice a difference though and i dont think its fair at all that we should have to be searching for things like this to improve frame rates. I really wouldnt complain if bf2 and SF werent running the same options but its a pita having to change everything back to ultrahigh for regular bf2 and then change everything back to "ugly" for SF

Comment

a pita?

Comment

Cheers for that.Will have a go and see if it improves the performance.

Comment

Originally posted by wbcninjaofmist
            Yes your right - I do notice a difference though and i dont think its fair at all that we should have to be searching for things like this to improve frame rates. I really wouldnt complain if bf2 and SF werent running the same options but its a pita having to change everything back to ultrahigh for regular bf2 and then change everything back to "ugly" for SF
            it's not like you change something important, all the rest stays at high, only those dynamic shadows get lowered and I actualy haven't seen the difirence till now, I think it's just a bugged feature wich don't work anyway even when you enable it, but it just takes the fps way way down

Comment

Yeah, I started setting my dynamic lighting and shadows to medium a while back. HUGE difference.

Comment

Originally posted by HABO3
                a pita?
                pain in the ass

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                  Yeah, I started setting my dynamic lighting and shadows to medium a while back. HUGE difference.
                  Yeah me too and I don't really see any graphical difference just performance enhanced (oh er ).

Comment

Working...
                  X