Stupid helicopters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid helicopters!

Anyone else getting raped by the helicopters in SF?
    They are so hard to shoot down!!! When your in the stinger and get a lock-on, the pilot drops flares. Fine! I´ll wait them out to get a clear shot. But by the time I get a new lock-on, the stupid flares are reloaded too!
    And if you for once get a clear shot, the stinger ALWAYS miss!
    It´s almost impossible to get them down. Don´t even get me started on the Essex-map :cry:

Anyone got any tips?

Re: Stupid helicopters!

Yeah, I know. The stingers suck like hell. yesterday I tried to shoot helicopters with Antitank but it´s no use either.
    Best way is still the machinegun on Jeeps or tanks. If the helicopter sees you; run like hell

Comment

I love flying (plane or helo) because you can do it without fear of the AA....it is crap and they need to fix it (or do something, anything.......please), I know it doesn't work that badly in the real world (and yes I realize this isn't a simulation, duh). I honestly think I have more team damage from the missed shots than I do actual kills.

Comment

its easy catch them out when there not looking

Comment

Anyone else getting raped by the helicopters in SF?
          They are so hard to shoot down!!! When your in the stinger and get a lock-on, the pilot drops flares. Fine! I´ll wait them out to get a clear shot. But by the time I get a new lock-on, the stupid flares are reloaded too!
          And if you for once get a clear shot, the stinger ALWAYS miss!
          It´s almost impossible to get them down. Don´t even get me started on the Essex-map :cry:

Anyone got any tips?
          choppers are 5x easier to kill in SF than VBF2. you have more mobile AA guns, the choppers are bigger, and the TV missles are harder to use. not to mention techs and jeeps are littered around everywhere, what are you complaining about?

Comment

learn to aim with the rockets, or the machine guns on tanks/jeeps work well. the tunguska owns aswell.

Comment

They seem to be rediculously armoured in SF. I usually like to sit in the carrier turrets and play air defense so i'm used to how it worked in normal bf2 but it is near impossible in SF. On that map based on the carrier they can just hover there in front of me and it's still hard to kill them, just tonight i shot it untill the turret overheated and hot it with 2 out of the 8 missiles and it only just started smoking, wasn't even enough to encourage the chopper to move away.
              It blew the turret up so i respwaned as anti-tank, hit it with two at-missiles and still didn't kill the damn thing!

That's just the latest example, there is no way the choppers in bf2 are anywhere near as strong as the ones in SF.

Comment

don't find the chopper beeing a problem in the game, don't get killed by them much.

About taking down, find it the same thing as in BF2 , stingers just suck, but there are many .50 machine guns on vehicles wich is very effective against a chopper.

Flying those things is harder then in BF2 , but the rockets seem to have a bigger splash damage then in BF2, much more easy to kill infantry with it.

The tv guided misile sucks on those things, it's like the view is only going straight down or something

Comment

So if you are tired of being raped by the choppers - MOVE YOUR FIGHT INSIDE dumbass.

Hide your pathetic lil ass inside and wet yourself in the corner.

Comment

Personally I find the Ghost Town map to be the worst followed by the anyy other Spetz map. Once one team has the two attack choppers on the go it becomes very one sided. It is hard for the AA vehicles to manouver and there is not really much inside space to hide in...

The other maps are much better in this regard...

Comment

I think the controls on the heli sucks to and yes i hate being rape by little heli whores who have no skills but to sit in a heli and rape all day

Comment

I love Ghost town. Its really hectic, choppers havent seem to be a huge probem when I play that map? I also feel that the SF choppers are much harder to control, my gunner says the tv missiles screen sucks and the rockets are spread out wider so its hard to hit tanks with the rockets from both sides of the chopper.

Comment

If they took the two attack choppers out it would be like a more intense version of Mashtuur city... It is not like every round there suck, sometime it is fun, but all it takes is for one team to have a couple of good pilots and both the heli spawns and ouch!!! It is interesting that as people learn the dynamic of the map the fighting over those two spawns has become much more intense...

Could you image waht Mashtuur city would be like with a couple of attack choppers roving around??

Comment

well you can kill a pro pilet with AA, but its easy to get down noobs, so isnt its the way it meant to be? recently i was playing iron gator as a mec. every chopper pilot made a HUGE circle just to get by the carrier from the 'non-essex" side. thats sooo lame, that if you see that your pilot is just about to make a huge round round the whole map : expect to be DEAD very sooon. I always rush at the essex and 9,5/10 I won with more than my half life left, that means kills first wace weakend soldiers, retunrn to base for rearm and countinue to rape the assas.........

Comment

Heres a hint for using the AA...lead your target..that means shoot a little front of whatever you want to hit. If done this many times and the rockets seem to go right at them. Don't believe me try it out

Comment

Working...
                              X