Weapons I'd Like to See

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapons I'd Like to See

Having played SF for a while now, I think it's a blast, but there's a few things that would really "kick it up a notch". The fact that AT and Sniper got raped by the new unlocks (my favorite classes, too!), makes me sad, and there are several real world guns that would make sense.

1.) Unlockable RPG-7. I love that thing. No trail, shoot 'n' scoot, rapid reload. Hell, let the US/SAS use a LAW instead, but this would be an INCREDIBLY cool unlock for AT.

2.) Arctic Warfare L96 for the SAS. This gun was commissioned by Great Britain, and it would make far more in-game sense than the M24 (which, btw, should be the M40 for the Marines, not the Army M24). If they just re-skinned the M24, I would still like it. If they slowed the refire and made it an insta-kill .300 Winchester Magnum or .338 Lapau Super-Magnum, I would probably send DICE a cake.

3.) VSS for the Spetsnaz. This thing is dead silent, and reports from Chechnya (hello, rebels) say that Russian army snipers love this weapon. This weapon is on the frontlines of Russia's battles, and it's a unique and deadly weapon. It would really add flavor to the Spetz.

4.) Unlockable pistols? I know, it's fanciful, but it would be cool to unlock a .45 ACP when you got your pistol badge. Maybe an FN Five-SeveN for the next level. (Suck that, body armor!) That would be cool.

5.) Hell, let's throw an unlockable grenade. Maybe an incindiary or something. Willy Pete would give smoke cover, and burn the crap out of an enemy.

6.) While I'm at it, perhaps an unlockable knife with a longer reach. Something like the Sniper Knife from MercWorx. Nasty looking, ain't it?

Oh well, that's just me dreaming. If you guys think of anything you'd like to see, post it up, so we can go, "Ahh, that would be cool" together.

PS: G11s, Steyr ACRs, IWS 2000s, and other such awesomeness would be sweet, but I don't wish for them, since they'd blow balance off it's ass, even in theory.

Re: Weapons I'd Like to See

no desert eagle for pistol unlock?

Comment

Originally posted by Need_2_Kill
      no desert eagle for pistol unlock?
      No military in the world would touch that thing. I chose weapons that would make sense In Real Life. While a chrome .50AE Eagle would be cool factor +3, it would be rediculous to see in a "Special Forces" unit. The closest you'd get would be a Jericho 9mm or .40S&W, and that's the "Baby Eagle" you see in Israeli hands. At most, you'd see a Desert Eagle .357, and if you're going that route, go balls to the walls and get yourself a revolver.

EDIT: Reasons the DE wouldn't make sense: Too big and ungainly for combat use (wouldn't fit many soldiers), couldn't carry enough ammo, HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY, and it would scare users with it's Bang and recoil, requiring massively more training for neglible benefit in lethality. You can only get SO dead. You ever fired an Eagle in .50AE? It's not fun, not in the least.

Comment

Yeah, a bit more unlocks would be really interesting. Even new models for other guns with the same characteristics would be fun imo, just so you have something else to look at/through.

What I would love to see would be different ammo choices...that would be awesome Also, different iron sights and scopes would be interesting.

Comment

I am surprised the US army didn't get an XM8 or OICW.

Comment

xm8 is still in devolpment and OICW project was cancelled due to too expesive to make and takes up too much battery power, which was taken by a cheaper design (XM8) and the army wont give a 50000 dollar gun to the average soldier would they for SF they might

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't German Special forces use the OICW? Anyways that gun would be totally off balance considering one model has a fully automatic grenade launcher attachment.

Comment

there was sum game i played that had OICW, forgot name... sumthing double helix. the OICW has computerized calculation telling u how high u should launch the grenade based on the targets distance (H4x for real life, but there is no punkbuster in RL to stop haxorz). im not sure about german SF using it... but i did say that maybe some countries(americas allies) SF are using OICW

Comment

Benelli M4 for SEAL engineer.
                  M21 auto sniper for seals
                  LAW for Seal anti tank
                  CAR 15 for Seal Medic
                  New feutres for the old weapons kept ingame
                  ex, M16 could have an aimpiont
                  MP5 could have silencer and aimpoint
                  etc.

Comment

Originally posted by cyborg_ninja-117
                    xm8 is still in devolpment and OICW project was cancelled due to too expesive to make and takes up too much battery power, which was taken by a cheaper design (XM8) and the army wont give a 50000 dollar gun to the average soldier would they for SF they might
                    Yes still in development, but you are forgetting BF2 is in a near-future

Comment

Beside an already mentioned Vintores, I'll like to see, more than new weapons,the possibility of customizing the weap that you already have unlocked.
                      Think about silencers,increased ammo magazines,accuracy increase,laser Aimpoint.
                      Like happen in RL,special forces can modify theyr weap,to some extend, to suit different tipe of missions.
                      So ,4 example,night mission?SCAR-L + silencer+termal optic
                      Instead of ernings medal and useless ribbons,I would like to see the possibility of developing "your" soldiers;
                      -inceased sprint time? 2000pts
                      -100 kills with sniper rifle?increased accuracy a bit...
                      -200 H. of play time?Your choice to develop "your" soldier the way you like:faster?more accurate?more load to carry?stelthyer?...Up to you.
                      That woul maybe make it harder for noobs,but eventualy they will develop too.Is'nt why soldiers training all theyr life?to be better?
                      So flame me now...go ahead
                      PS:sorry 4 my english errors.....:cry:

Comment

i wouldnt mind in the game for me even if it gave my spot away, atleast one shot kills?

Comment

Originally posted by ZAGOR
                          Beside an already mentioned Vintores, I'll like to see, more than new weapons,the possibility of customizing the weap that you already have unlocked.
                          Think about silencers,increased ammo magazines,accuracy increase,laser Aimpoint.
                          Like happen in RL,special forces can modify theyr weap,to some extend, to suit different tipe of missions.
                          So ,4 example,night mission?SCAR-L + silencer+termal optic
                          Instead of ernings medal and useless ribbons,I would like to see the possibility of developing "your" soldiers;
                          -inceased sprint time? 2000pts
                          -100 kills with sniper rifle?increased accuracy a bit...
                          -200 H. of play time?Your choice to develop "your" soldier the way you like:faster?more accurate?more load to carry?stelthyer?...Up to you.
                          That woul maybe make it harder for noobs,but eventualy they will develop too.Is'nt why soldiers training all theyr life?to be better?
                          So flame me now...go ahead
                          PS:sorry 4 my english errors.....:cry:
                          those games are called MMORPG's.
                          accuracy: ur own skill
                          ammo: game
                          stealthier: ur own skill

but a modding ur own weapon will be nice

Comment

HK PSG-1 or MSG-90 for Snipers
                            HK G-11 or M14SOCOM for Assault
                            M733 or HK53 for Anti Tank (anything besides a SMG)

Comment

sniper rifles that actually hit what you aim at....

P90... just love the look of it and it would be ideal for iron gator

underwater kit for seals

silencers...

c4 that sticks to people

Comment

Working...
                              X