Failure to Install BF2.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to Install BF2.....

Ok, well, everything goes smoothly initially, but nearly right after I put in the second install disc, I get the message: "Failed to Install Battlefield 2: Try again from the beginning". No identification of the problem, no suggestions in how to fix it. I've tried installing it on my computer some 4 or 5 times, starting from the beginning again as the message suggests but still I get the same thing. Has this happened to anyone else? Any help you guys can offer me? I can't seem to upload my dxdiag file that you suggested I attach. It is too large in txt format and in zip format I get a "website not responding" message. I don't really know what to tell you, so I guess if anything comes to you guys just ask until I can post it up.

Thanks for your time!

Re: Failure to Install BF2.....

Make sure to follow the steps below exactly as they read, or else the install may not work.
    1. Double-click My Computer.
    2. Right-click on the Local Disk C and choose Open.
    3. Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.
    4. Name the folder Disk Images it is important that the name has a space in it.
    5. Double-Click the new Disk Images folder to open it.
    6. Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.
    7. Name this folder Disk1.
    8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 while substituting Disk1 for Disk2 and Disk 3. It is important to note there must not be a space between "Disk" and the number. If you have the DVD version you will only need the Disk1 folder.
    9. Insert Disk 1 of Battlefield 2 into your disk drive and if the autoplay starts, cancel it.
    10. Double-click My Computer to open it.
    11. Right-click on your disk drive and choose Open.
    12. When you see the contents of the disk in the Window, click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Select All.
    13. All the contents of the disk should now be highlighted, click on Edit at the top of the window again and choose Copy.
    14. Open the Disk1 folder you created under C:\Disk Images; click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Paste. This will copy the contents of the disk into the Disk1 folder.
    15. Repeat steps 9 through 14 for Disk 2 and Disk 3 until you have copied each disk into its appropriate folder. If you have the DVD version, you will not need to perform this step.
    16. Once the disks have been copied, remove ALL disks from any drives.
    17. Open the Disk1 folder under Disk Images and double-click on autorun.exe to start the installation.
    18. To save disk space, you can delete the Disk Images folders after the installation has completed.

Hope this helps, I had relativley the same problem...

Comment

Re: Failure to Install BF2.....

The disk copying is not working, I keep getting the message "data error: cyclic redudancy check". Did that ever happen to you?

I actually managed to get the first disk copied over, despite it stopping twice with that very message. The third time it went through. I'm on the second CD now, and it's done it three times already.

Comment

Working...
      X