Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix the flashbangs?

Please vote and post your thoughts

Edit: Just to be clear, currently the flashbang effect is entirely determined by radius of exposure and is not effected by any object in the game.

This polls is designed to determine if people like this (ie: keep them the same). Or would rather have them behave more realistically.

IMO it is a double edged sword. Right now using a flashbang in a tactical incursion (as one would normally do) ie: throwing it into a room, blinding the occupants then rushing in is NOT possible. This is because you will end up blinding yourself EVEN if you are outside the room and not looking at the explosion.

It seems the only tactical use for the flashbang is to throw it as FAR as you can and hope to blind some random enemy. Although effective, I think that it limits the use of flashbangs, and encourages spamming randomly.

I personally would prefer a smaller effect radius and duration with the ability to avoid self-exposure by protecting yourself via an in-game solid object.

Re: Fix the flashbangs?

I recon they're ok now but wouldn't make any noise if your second choice was being implemented.

Comment

yea, i agree. the only problem is they last a bit long.

Comment

The real issue with them is the effects are far too severe and long lasting, I know someone who is in law enforcement and he said that the effects were way too overpowering. I know it's not a sim, just passing along first (2nd) hand info.

I don't know enough about the effects of flashbangs in game to understand your poll choices. Are those things you think they do, or things you think they should do?

Only oddity I have noticed is that they clip into the floors of buildings and have no effect at all, kind of the same as ammo and health packs do now, someone throws it at your feet and it clips through the floor and lands below you.

Comment

it is good as it is

Comment

fine as it is.

Comment

for as i can tell, looking away already helpes. but by that, objects in a room dont do **** about the intense release of light of a real flashbang. cause the light is so intense that is is reflected by walls and objects around any object.

Comment

leave them the same. I like the way they work, and a few times that I saw a flash bang heading my way I did a 180 degree turn and the effect was only half as strong. I was still able to quickly drop and turn to fire on the people that threw it.

Comment

I like em just fine.

Comment

I wouldn't call it broken. I don't care what they do to it. I only use them to blind tanks or APCs.

Comment

I was suprised at first when I lobbed a FB and turned away that it still effected me but then I did a bit of testing...

1. Throw FB and look straight at it when it goes off.

2. Throw FB as above but spin around 180' and wait for the bang...

3. Notice that the blinding effect in 1 is total and lasts a long time. In 2 the blinding effect is never total and wears off quickly. ANd throwing it around a corner has even less effect on you so I think it is fine as it is.

Comment

It seems like having a wall between you and the FB should greatly reduce effects, from just a purely logical standpoint. Same with tank armor.

Comment

Or just bind a "close eyes" key - heh. I would think in real life that would be what you did. Toss it, turn away and close your eyes for a second while it goes off.

Anyone experiment to see if the effects last longer if you are wearing night vision when it goes off? In theory the nightvision would be impossible to see through with the flash, but the little tv monitors in your helmet would not be able to display the intense light that the flashbang does, so you should recover real quick from it.

Comment

My team wouldn't get off the freaking boat in Dailin Plant (sp?) so I just kept tossing flashbangs at em from the tower.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerStein
                              Anyone experiment to see if the effects last longer if you are wearing night vision when it goes off? In theory the nightvision would be impossible to see through with the flash, but the little tv monitors in your helmet would not be able to display the intense light that the flashbang does, so you should recover real quick from it.
                              It is worse if you are using the NV in the game.

Why let RL intrude on a nice game world theory (though I imagine the bang would still effect your hearing)...

Comment

Working...
                              X