1.12 lag or whatever it is on Van BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.12 lag or whatever it is on Van BF2

Anyone else having problems? 1.03 ran fine for me. I got SF and upgraded to 1.12 and hey both run like crap now? Just curious to see if others experience the same issue?

Re: 1.12 lag or whatever it is on Van BF2

same here ...

had 1.03 Vanila BF2 .. upgraded to 1.12 ran smoothly ..

after installed SF and 1.12 over it .. everithing is laggy .. Bf2 and SF

dont understand ..

I start a map .. cant even play .. I have like 1 frame a year ... after checking machine . I saw it was so laggy cause disk was running on 100% .. yeeeeeeeeey ... dunno .. will check again .. and btw .. Maybe 64 server was guilty .. will try today some more ... on 32 or 16 just to see if any difference .. wtf !?

bye

Armando

Comment

Just FYI Special Forces uses about 1.7GB of RAM.

Comment

Jeepers!!! 1.7gb RAM???

No wonder it struggles...I only have 1gb RAM, how will they fix that or should I upgrade to 2gb RAM ?

Anyway, same issues here really, BF2 ran like a dream before, but after installing SF and patch, there is a slight performance issue.

Comment

Same problem here but I don't have SF. Just a huge framerate drop after 1.12 patch. Also I started to get these weird errors sometimes on map change.

Comment

I had lag problems the first day i played after installing SF but never since. Actually when i had the problems i started BF via the SF icon on the desktop but entered a vanilla BF2 server.

I dont know if that was the problem but nowadays if i want to change from BF2 to SF server or vice versa, i always exit the game and start the appropriate application (and i've had no probs since as i said).

About the framerate.. i had no significant drop in framerate (after i set the SF detail settings to the same levels as BF2. it doesn't happen automatically).

I did notice though that some things have been changed in the graphics settings so it's no wonder if some ppl have problems.

My "problem" after installing 1.12 is that i can't set some of the lighting effects off in SF: for example the oilpipes that run thru some maps are now always "shiny" no matter what settings i use. I wonder if the night vision uses some graphical tricks that wouldn't work if you could set off the "shinyness" (specular lighting is the right expression i believe)

Comment

Also got the problem, i got a ping of 50 and after a few seconds it drops to 700 :?

Never had this problem with 1.03.

Comment

NO game should need 1.7GB of system RAM to run smoothly on lowest settings (well, not for the next year so at least!) - if you have less than 2GB (like myself - 1.5GB by 3 x 512MB), then it will use as much physical RAM as possible before using the pagefile on the hard disk as temporary RAM. This would cause some slowdown, but not in the order we are experiencing. The problems (I believe) are down to poor coding, not system peformance.

Just out of interest, those who are having problems (myself included), who is using the downloaded version as opposed to the retail CD version? Maybe a link...? I am having problems with it and I bought (for my sins...) the downloaded version.

Comment

Originally posted by SteManCorps
                  Jeepers!!! 1.7gb RAM???

No wonder it struggles...I only have 1gb RAM, how will they fix that or should I upgrade to 2gb RAM ?

Anyway, same issues here really, BF2 ran like a dream before, but after installing SF and patch, there is a slight performance issue.
                  Runs fine for me with 1Gb. Someone suggested to try renaming BF2.exe. Might even consume less. What video drivers you use?

Comment

Originally posted by zverj
                    Runs fine for me with 1Gb. Someone suggested to try renaming BF2.exe. Might even consume less. What video drivers you use?

I am using 1.5 ram also, as for the driver i am using a modifeid driver ,nvidia 81.85. i have tried all types of drivers and not much difference between them.

As for the issue of downloaded version hard copy of SF, I bought the hardcopy

Comment

Working...
                    X