Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ram question for DELL 9300

Hello experts.

I have a DELL inspiron 9300 notebook which plays BF2 like a dream (all you Dell knockers....its the cheapest way to get a powerful portable games platform here in Australia, so far so good!)

I have 2 x 512 MB ram chips but would like to uograde to 2 x 2 GB chips.

I have found a USA site that sells these chips.... at a fraction of the price DELL is asking for the upgrade..

It is these guys...Memory Ten. Any comments?

Can you guys confirm that the following will work with my machine?

DDR2-533 SODIMM Memory
    (p/n 311-3748)

Thanks in advance,

Skippy the Kangaroo

Re: Ram question for DELL 9300

I tell you as long as you are sure the specs on the ram you need are right ....buy it ...I have read though it is almost always better to buy from the manufactuer of the ram directly if you can. Cut out the middle man cause bad crap tends to happen if there is a middle man. Like cutting the dope up so he can make some mo money. Seriously middle man just add more chances for things to fall, run into a magnet, get electricaly charged, etc. you get the point and shipping is a major consideration if you are going to by from america and want it to go to auzzie. Definitely check it they cover broken returns cause of shipping!

Comment

Originally posted by noob_mc_goob
      Hello experts.

I have a DELL inspiron 9300 notebook which plays BF2 like a dream (all you Dell knockers....its the cheapest way to get a powerful portable games platform here in Australia, so far so good!)

I have 2 x 512 MB ram chips but would like to uograde to 2 x 2 GB chips.

I have found a USA site that sells these chips.... at a fraction of the price DELL is asking for the upgrade..

It is these guys...Memory Ten. Any comments?

Can you guys confirm that the following will work with my machine?

DDR2-533 SODIMM Memory
      (p/n 311-3748)

Thanks in advance,

Skippy the Kangaroo

Ya it takes DDR2-533 SODIMM memory, Are these the guys? Read these reviews. http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1508.html

Also you say you want to put in 2X2Gb = 4 GB

The max for that laptop is 2GB........

Comment

Originally posted by AZwldcats
        Ya it takes DDR2-533 SODIMM memory, Are these the guys? Read these reviews. http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1508.html

Also you say you want to put in 2X2Gb = 4 GB

The max for that laptop is 2GB........
        Yeah you are right. typo 2 x 1 GB chips!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry: :cry:

Comment

Working...
        X