I'm very disappointed =\

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm very disappointed =\

I'm just disappointed at how poorly this game was QA'd before release. There are still lots of problems with the game, yet Dice released an expansion, AND a patch and the problems remain. Too many to get into here, but I'll share with you the latest one.

So when I use the SF icon and log into the game, I use this as my shortcut.

BF2.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +start 1 +joinServer +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050 +modPath mods/xpack +ignoreAsserts 1

I have a Dell 2005FPW WideScreen monitor.

I selected a standard BF2 server, and clicked, "JOIN NOW". The game drops to desktop, and fires up the BF2.exe, minus my shortcut. I don't understand why the game isn't backwards compatable, and the game has to load MINUS the +mods/xpack in the shortcut. Why do I even need to declare the mod in the shortcut?? Why isn't it just embedded in the game???

The game basically has to shut down, and restart, bypassing login, since you've already logged in. But what about those of us that have modified the shortcut, as I did to accomodate my WideScreen monitor, since Dice didn't put that resolution as selectable in the game:

D:\BF2\BF2.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +start 1 +joinServer +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

WTG Dice, nice job doing research on compatability.

/rant off

Re: I'm very disappointed =\

Im sure your the only person here that knows what the **** you are rambling about...

Comment

Alert the techies !

Im suprised you have such a complex startup.

Comment

He's saying that a wide screen monitor that awesome for gaming, isn't supported by the game. You have to modify the opening of the shortcut just to get it to start, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Rakan
          Im sure your the only person here that knows what the **** you are rambling about...
          Yeah, my post was SOO complex.

It still amazes me that people feel the need to post stupid sh!t like this.....although, I shouldn't be amazed anymore...stupidity has no boundaries.

Comment

I believe the point he was trying to make is that your problem isn't exactly wide spread. It's a vary specific issue with hardware that very few people own. Thus, it's hardly a "big deal".

You were also able to work around it, so again, it's not a show stopper.

Compair this issue with some of the other more previent ones and you might see why some folks might dissmiss it.

Good job finding the work around. I'd suggest you re-post it as a fix rather than a rant.

Comment

"I have a Dell 2005FPW WideScreen monitor."

yeah soo many gamers have widescreen monitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                You were also able to work around it, so again, it's not a show stopper.
                My post isn't a work around, it still doesn't work.

If you start the game using SF, you basically are restricted to play SF maps if you have a modified shortcut, and vice versa. If you are in the game after using the SF shortcut, and you want to play regular maps, the game shuts itself down, and restarts using it's own internal shortcut that bypasses login.

Comment

Originally posted by <kb>smoker
                  "I have a Dell 2005FPW WideScreen monitor."

yeah soo many gamers have widescreen monitors.
                  You're absolutely right, many gamers do. Funny thing is, the shortcut link I'm using wasn't created by me, but someone else on the team I play with. Funny that 9 out of 15 guys on the team, asked for that same shortcut. I guess the Dell 2005FPW is a popular monitor for gamers...or is 60% of the team using the SAME monitor not enough for you to believe it might be popular...

Engage brain before starting mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by DV8 Bucket
                    He's saying that a wide screen monitor that awesome for gaming, isn't supported by the game. You have to modify the opening of the shortcut just to get it to start, right?
                    You don't have to modify it, no, but you can, which is awesome. You can also use one of the resolutions selectable in the game, which all work fine, just look a little distorted in my opinion, but it's not bad.

Just wish the game was backwards compatible, and to play the original BF2 and BF2 SF, didn't require you to restart the game.

Comment

First of all ignore most of these people who like to make fun of what they don't understand.

The people at Dice are idiots obviously who know enough about code to get by, but lack common sense. You shouldn't have to modify your shortcut to enable wide screen resolutions. If you do the HUD is still stretched even though the game displays correctly. I would have actually bought a wide screen monitor if it weren't for this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Strega
                        You don't have to modify it, no, but you can, which is awesome. You can also use one of the resolutions selectable in the game, which all work fine, just look a little distorted in my opinion, but it's not bad.

Just wish the game was backwards compatible, and to play the original BF2 and BF2 SF, didn't require you to restart the game.
                        Use the edit button stega, no need to triple post !

Comment

Originally posted by Strega
                          I'm just disappointed at how poorly this game was QA'd before release. There are still lots of problems with the game, yet Dice released an expansion, AND a patch and the problems remain. Too many to get into here, but I'll share with you the latest one.

So when I use the SF icon and log into the game, I use this as my shortcut.

BF2.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +start 1 +joinServer +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050 +modPath mods/xpack +ignoreAsserts 1

I have a Dell 2005FPW WideScreen monitor.

I selected a standard BF2 server, and clicked, "JOIN NOW". The game drops to desktop, and fires up the BF2.exe, minus my shortcut. I don't understand why the game isn't backwards compatable, and the game has to load MINUS the +mods/xpack in the shortcut. Why do I even need to declare the mod in the shortcut?? Why isn't it just embedded in the game???

The game basically has to shut down, and restart, bypassing login, since you've already logged in. But what about those of us that have modified the shortcut, as I did to accomodate my WideScreen monitor, since Dice didn't put that resolution as selectable in the game:

D:\BF2\BF2.exe +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +start 1 +joinServer +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

WTG Dice, nice job doing research on compatability.

/rant off

so basically to stop bf2 closing itself down to play bf2 servers when im in SF mode i need +modPath mods/xpack in my shortcut?

good find! i wanted something that would stop that annoyance!

Comment

Originally posted by shpox
                            Use the edit button stega, no need to triple post !
                            Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Geezer
                              so basically to stop bf2 closing itself down to play bf2 servers when im in SF mode i need +modPath mods/xpack in my shortcut?

good find! i wanted something that would stop that annoyance!
                              You got it boss.

The problem is, if you're in game using an SF Shortcut to login, and you change your mind and want to play regular BF2, you have to log all the way out, and then back in using your regular BF2 shortcut. This isn't so bad, unless you find a server with maybe 1 or 2 spaces left, and by the time you log out and back in, the server is full =\

Comment

Working...
                              X