Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF First Impressions

Ok, finally got the game today from play.com
    Uninstalled BF2, cleared everything, defragmented.
    Installed BF2, then SF, then the 1.12 patch while defragmenting after every step
    No problems running the game so far.I have an Athlon 64 3200, 1gb RAM, an overclocked 6600gt, and a stupid Asus VIA K8T800 motherboard.
    getting 45-75 fps in most cases with everything on medium, on 1024*768 and antiallising off.Also the latest nvidia drivers.
    First Impressions: I really like this game.with all the interior levels it sometimes doesnt feel like BF2 at all. Much closer to Global Operations than CounterStrike and I really like .I was really missing interior levels on BF2.
    The new daytime maps are very good, playing warlord awfully a lot at the moment
    I'm not so keen on the nightvision ones though, will see what happens.
    the new weapons are an extra bonus, although I am mostly using the full version of the g36 it gives the medic a mighty punch!
    yes the insurgent/russian weapons are still the same, so I wish more seals/sas maps were available
    the grapling hook I LOVE, good for some "death from above" scenarios
    the flashbangs/gas/zipline all have their moments
    to summarise... I believe that for £15 I got good value for money. I especially love the Global Operations connection, brings a new level of strategy/fun to the game
    new maps/new guns/new vehicles and a STABLE performance on my (poorly specd)pc
    Please post your first impressions here
    remember its just impressions, I am sure I am still missing A LOT of content

Re: SF First Impressions

Can absolutely not beat the entertainment value for $30 - good value? great value.

Have to switch back and forth between NV goggles and regular - learn what each gives you under different lighting conditions. At first NV sucks, you can't figure out what advantage it gives you, but you'll see. In some outside night conditions, you want to stick with your eyes.But if on a map like Leviatan, say. If you're on top of a building trying to look out to the end of a pier that is covered by that huge container-crane. You can't see in the distant shadows with regular vision. NV illuminates the farthest reaches.

Shootable smoke is key. 3 rounds. totally great for diversions, screens, whatever. I think I killed a guy with one, can anybody confirm if that is possible?

SCAR-H finally brings Aimpoint to a heavier caliber weapon. burst mode on MG36. Devil's Perch, wall at Warlord, Night FLight, RPG-7. Chemical weapons flag at Mass destruction with only one way in and out. It's all good.

Comment

Re: SF First Impressions

yeah its all good
      the more I play the more I like
      more teamwork and much better k/d ratios for me
      loads of work has gone into this expansion
      I believe its worth my time and money
      although I'll get a better pc in time for the next expansion pack hehehe

Comment

Working...
      X