Being Booted From Old Maps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Booted From Old Maps...

Is anyone else getting booted from the game when they try to join servers running the original maps from BF2?

Re: Being Booted From Old Maps...

I haven't experienced this.

Comment

I see.

If I enter the game through the expansion shortcut it allows me to play on the new maps but not the original ones and vise versa.

Comment

You need to go to Community then game mods and change to bf2 original. Otherwise just start the vanilla version of bf2. Have a good war!

Comment

Originally posted by Layzan
          Is anyone else getting booted from the game when they try to join servers running the original maps from BF2?
          Yes! It only happens when I try to join a Vanilla map through Special Forces, it tells me I have to have un-modified content to join.

Just start up Vanilla BF2 if you want to play on a vanilla BF2 map, works for me. Im not sure why you cant through Special Forces.

Comment

Really? I just load up SF and if I decide to play vanilla maps the game shuts down and changes to BF2. unless I'm trippin'

Comment

Originally posted by rtgbs7k
              Really? I just load up SF and if I decide to play vanilla maps the game shuts down and changes to BF2. unless I'm trippin'

no, mines the same. the game switched versions by kicking to windows then reloading but i could still play them

Comment

Originally posted by rtgbs7k
                It does the same for me, except once it finishes Verifying Client Data, it kicks me for having "Modified Content". I think Special Forces might be starting up an earlier version (older patch) of Vanilla BF2, because I noticed all my settings that I had in Vanilla BF2 before, went away when I started it through Special Forces. When I start it normally, all my settings are back, and everything works fine.

Comment

Mine auto switches either way - no matter which way I load into the game, or which server I choose.

Comment

By the sound of it, it sounds like I'm not giving it enough time to change from one version to the next. As I have seen it go black, and assumed that I'd just crashed, resetting my machine. I'll give it more time to see if it loads it up, like some of you are suggesting. I assumed it was crashing as I had lots of boots from the game for many reasons that I've had to eliminate. If this doesn't help, I'll have to resort to entering the game through the different short-cuts for either the original maps or the new ones.

Comment

I'm assuming you have the 1.12 patch correct?

Comment

Working...
                      X