Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MEC(or whatever) TIP for ENTERING IRON GATOR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEC(or whatever) TIP for ENTERING IRON GATOR.

So, I have plyed the map a few times and it's dam hard to enter that freaking ship, with loosing rounds offcourse, but I found a tip, have done it in two rounds now and worked twice and mec came on the ship .

Take APC on land and go to the back of the ship, the only thing taking you down would be the US chopper, this is why you have to wait untill the MEC assault chopper leaves, so the US chopper is bussy with the mec chopper.

Then go in back of ship and stay there with APC just shooting in the doorways, It will give you many kills and will stop the US guys from getting out, more and more teammates will also come to the back with boats and stuff and offcourse you let them go true .

That is the only thing that actualy worked twice perfectly, rape the back of iron gator with APC , but you have to be in back so they can't shoot you from deck, and watch the doors, not one US will pass. after some min enough mec are on board for taking first flags on ship, from then on it's easyer to take more flags on and on as we can spawn on ship.

It's also recomended you do this as squad leader, so memebers can spawn in APC and go directly into ship without making the whole dangerous trip from land to ship .

Question , if you are on a rubber boat, not driving and not in gunnerposition, but as member, can you trow a graple hoog then on the ship ??

Re: MEC(or whatever) TIP for ENTERING IRON GATOR.

I thought there are no grapple hooks on Iron Gator.

Comment

There are no grappling hooks in Iron Gator. And this tactic will work well IF the Seals don't get wise and jump into a boat on the side of the ship and come light you up with missiles first.

Comment

Another one is to load up a full chopper, and instead of unloading those soldiers on the deck (where they very likely will get shot) head into the rear and land there. Amazingly hard to stop as whoever is guarding there will be surprised at the chaos of a chopper storming them. (but yes, the BMP strat is also nice)

Comment

It worked for a while with me being a SEAL, but after we blew the BTR up they were dead in the water and had gained no flags.

Comment

Mine strat is involve with a lot of teamwork.
            first ,Put one support guy in a mobile AA give anti-air support . This will keep their apache busy with the beep all the time.
            Then load a squad in to APC drive straight to the middle of the ship then use the TOW to take out the essex ' gun&missile cannon .
            Next , load a transport chopper with full squad and drop to the top-middle deck and cap the flag.
            If the guy in the mobile AA 's good enough ,he probably shot the apache down.
            With the deck flag in control it's very easy to steal the chopper , now we have 2 choppers , only a team full of noobs would lose the round with 2 choppers.

And then proceed with Kinseek's strat.

certain victory.

Comment

I've seen more of that recently, but the APC's uselly get shot down by the anti-tanks under the deck...

I will rather go for my tip that the whole team attacks at the same time

Comment

Remember you can also get in the MEC transport heli as a squad leader and go hover high over the middle of the carrier. Have your squad memembers halo jump in onto the middle high flag and take it. Once you have that flag its easy for your team to defend and start storming the rest of the ship.

The squad leader does have to sacrafice a bit by just sitting up there in a hover and not getting points. But once you have two or three flags you can ditch the chopper and go help your squad.

We were playing gator for 3 rounds where we never got one flag on the ship. Then we did this tactic and won the 4th and 5th rounds. I guess from that height none of the guys on the ship could even see our chopper hovering waaaay up above the carrier.

Comment

Thats BS, All apc's get SRAW'ed before they even get close the the carrier.

Only two ways in my opinion.

1: A group of you swarm in on JET SKIS as you will make it to the ladders definately then the first one up shoots tear gas, and try and make it in but timing is everything.

2: Get the flying fish and take it up as high as it can go above the carrier and create a squad and get some actual decent people that are going to take a flag in your squad and let them parachute down.

Comment

its not just the chopper though,

there are so many AT guys whoring the side

I think grappling hooks and zip lines should be allowed, dont know why not

ben,

Comment

Maybe a glitch in the game when you throw a grappling hook when sitting in a boat. I don't see any reason why the zippy should be in the map, though...

Comment

As of the time being, I still say taking the flying fish into the south side port entrance is more effective than going for the bow. Since, not too many folk know/care about the side entrance, it currently is less well defended buy SRAW folk.

And remember folks, any strategy can be beaten, its the execution of continually unexpected strategies that will help you win.

Comment

load the transport chopper up with full squad and 2 medics, drive it right into the side hanger bay door, get squad leader somewhere save and get the near by flag. drive the chopper all the way into the bay before you get out because your going get fragged from the carrier deck above.

Comment

:-P I just said that

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
                              2: Get the flying fish and take it up as high as it can go above the carrier and create a squad and get some actual decent people that are going to take a flag in your squad and let them parachute down.
                              If you've got enough people per team, it's best to try several things at once...it make the US team spread out and improves chances of success. I've seen moderate success with the APC...one TOW round takes out the AA turret on the ship. If the APC survives, having it fire cover for the assaulting RIBs/jet skis at the stern (aft) of the ship is good. While this is going on, doing the halo jump from a high orbiting chopper is the way to go. Get up to about 300 meters, which is high enough for the haze to obscure the chopper. On the chopper approach to the ship, the pilot should stay near the map border, away from the AA turret's field of fire while climbing up to altitude.

Comment

Working...
                              X