Problem with TV guided Missiles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with TV guided Missiles...

Hi there, i've been playing bf2 now for several months, i got rid of most lag by installing bf2 on a seperate partition.

However i''ve recently formatted and installed WinXp, now the lag isnt so bad, but when my TV view for helicopters and planes its all blurry, sort of like a "Gassian Blur" if you know what i meen.

I've tried reinstalling bf2 with the patch but still the same.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks for help

Re: Problem with TV guided Missiles...

They added it on purpose with the latest patch. Everybody's is like that now.

They never mentioned it though nor did they say why.

Comment

lol, why did they do that and not even tell us? :|
      I've been trying now for 10 days to sort this out and finally realised its not a error... i thought my vidcard was on its way out.

Anyways thanks for telling me Talus

Oh another thing... when you close bf2... does it take about 2-3mins before BF2.EXE ends completly?
      My pc will just freeze after i close bf2, is this normal?

Thank you

Comment

Yes, if you are running 1 GB of RAM or less, this does happen.

If you either:

a) lower your graphics settings
        or
        b) get 1.5 to 2 GB of RAM

..this problem goes away.

Comment

Hmm, I don't have that issue, lol.

Comment

So why post in this thread ..that wasn't helpful

Comment

I reported this a few days ago actually, if you do a search you can probably locate my thread on the issue.

I have a hard time believing they added this "effect". It looks more like an error to me, DICE/EA probably botched something while they were addressing a bug in 1.12, which purports to have fixed a crashing problem that occurs in helis when you attempt to switch weapons using the mouse wheel.

The TV cam is an absolute mess. This is not a heat effect. The primary reason I believe this to be an error is because the targeting box (the frame of the box in the TV cam) looks like it is ghosting. It's as if there are 2 targetting boxes withing the TV cam view.

And if I am mistaken (pretty sure I am not though), this is the worst unannounced "enhancement" that has been dropped on us since the automatic zooming of the mini map (btw that is a completely turd feature in and of itself).

Comment

Other than the slight video distortion effect, my TV missile view works perfectly.

Comment

lol, i DO NOT see the point of this ****ty effect, im sure they've made it go faster aswell, i used to be able to hit stuff, now not so good.

Maybe they did screw up and said it was a effect, it does look like a error. To me, it looks like they have tried and created a heat effect, or a distorted Gassian Blur. Normally these sort of blur's run smoothly, mine however looks very distorted.

Maybe i should capture it? ... what program can i use to capture bf2 footage?

thanks

Comment

I dont think you need footage per se, a simple picture will do it (just hit prt scr key). But like I said earlier, there is no way in freakin' hell this was an intended effect, I'm sorry I won't believe it. This is as close to a visual defect/anomaly/error/f-up as you can possibly get.

Sure, the TV cam still *works*...but it looks like utter ****. :hmm:

Knowing DICE/EA, they most likely broke it while trying to fix something else.

Comment

they also added the ability to see ur teamate's tags so u dont hit them...

Comment

I just checked and I get slight distortion, barely noticable to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                        X