Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackhammer vs DAO

vs

I got 2 unlocks left - 20 points needed for my next unlock, and I'm wondering which gun is better ?

From what i've seen, most kills done to me are with the DAO but it has horrible recoil as does the jackhammer. Hell i've even seen some players even run around with it, except those who are pilots to tank whores. Im not intrested with "Its what you like more" replies. Which gun from your expirience do you think is better ? I think both guns are similar, just that the jackhammer reloads faster, but the Dao-12 has more shells. Whatever they are which r0x your s0x more ?

Which is better in close combat ?

Thanks in advance for all that reply.

Re: Jackhammer vs DAO

I have had better luck with the DAO, seems like I use all the ammo in the Jackhammer to fast and never have that one last shell left for the final kill. At least that has been my experience. I think part of that is also that I have just used the DAO more, and more use to it.

Comment

Well....

If your not bothered with what Class to play (eng. vs. AT)... I would go with the DAO..

I got both... Engineer is my favorite...

Killwise its about the same for me... more bullets/less damage vs less bullets/more damage...

what swings the tip of the scale for me : The DAO can be interrupted in its loading... ie. Empty weapon... loading.. Jack hammer and enemy your dead... but with the dao, you just take them out with the few bullets you have put in.

Comment

DAO

AT normal weapon is shocking....

at least the standard engineer weapon can at least hold its own....

Comment

I think that it's more inportant to consider which kit has a better unlocked weapon. So unless all you do is play as MEC I think the DAO is a better option. At the moment the pump shotgun is my favorite gun in the game. Hence the jackhammer is the only gun that i haven't unlocked yet

Comment

DOA r0x!!!! i havnt unlocked it but took some1's kit and dome major damage with the thing!! im on a similar boat to u.. 26points till nxt unlock and caught between M(% (purley coz i hate the mec and chinese rifles) and the DOA but after ussong it for 10mins i think the choice is clear.....

Comment

DAO all the way baby!

Comment

For me, choosing an unlock like this would come down to several factors, not just weapon vs. weapon. What class do you play more? Do u armor whore it once in a while? Do you play as infantry alot? A yes on either of those 2 would dictate a particular weapon.

As far as the guns themselves, the DAO has to be one of the best 'unlocks', being that it is miles ahead of the MP5. As far as damage goes, I find the Jackhammer to be more powerful, just have to watch the ammo though.

Examine which one you'll use the most...

Comment

DAO-12, for two reasons:

1) The DAO-12 is critical to success with the AT kit
                  2) The default Engineer shotguns, especially the pumps, are superior to the Jackhammer

Comment

I don't have the DAO-12 but i can tell you the jack hammer is a piece of crap, If your 10 meters away and there are 5 people in front of you, if you fire the 8 shots you won't kill any of them, the shell will just fly off above there head or something, get the DAO-12 at least that is an upgrade from the otehr weapon.

Comment

definately Dao!
                      "Crunch's First Officer"
                      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Is the DAO really THAT much of an improvement over the standard AT firearm? I'm not talking about in-close, because obviously the DAO is much better, but OVERALL. Most of the time, when I'm playing as AT, the targets are at medium range.. Those of you who have unlocked the DAO, what do you do in these situations? Has this affected your playing style with the AT class?

Comment

The DAO isnt bad at all but with SF and the new tier 2 unlocks I would take the jackhammer so you can get the MP7...other than that if you dont play engineer often go with the DAO...

Comment

Originally posted by Wilkystyle
                            Is the DAO really THAT much of an improvement over the standard AT firearm? I'm not talking about in-close, because obviously the DAO is much better, but OVERALL. Most of the time, when I'm playing as AT, the targets are at medium range.. Those of you who have unlocked the DAO, what do you do in these situations? Has this affected your playing style with the AT class?
                            At medium/long range you use the pistol whether you have the DAO or not. The pistol is more accurate and powerful than the SMGs so the only time you should be using the SMG is at very close range just like the DAO.

Comment

DOA it is then. You'd think at least some use the jackhammer. Well its my last unlock fo sure. When I fired the jackhammer, its look like a hell of a weapon, but DAO seemed to fit me more. Thanks fellas

Comment

Working...
                              X