Patch - not enough space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch - not enough space

so, I recently installed Special Forces, and as soon as I started it I was asked to update, so I downloaded the 1.12 patch. but I can't update!

it says I need at least 3000Mb to patch, which sucks, because I have only 2.78Hb free on C: (21,6Gb free on D: which is where BF2 and SF is installed)

I don't really have anything I can remove from C: is there any way to work around this? I think it's wierd that it takes 3Gb on C: just to update a 200Meg patch.

Re: Patch - not enough space

I needs 3 gig of spare space on the windows drive, not to install but free to use when the game is running. I don tknow what you can really do, move things from C: ot D:... umm. yea do a disk cleanup, compress old files.. delete temp folders, etc, your not far off... umm.. get rid of pics/music that might be on there and move them all to the D drive.

Comment

the thing is, I recently reinstalled Windows (along with a nice format c, so there isn't really much there.

anyway, I just remembered I haven't decreased windows swap-size

Comment

Workaround is to temporarily edit the registry so that ProgramFilesDir points to a drive where you have 3GB free. See http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42233 .

Comment

Working...
        X