grapple vs zipline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: grapple vs zipline

Using both together is a devistating combo as far as taking flags is concerned.

Seriously, an Assault with a SpecOps (then with a medic/Support following up) can move across the map really quickly, and can get away from flags pretty quick as well.

Personally I prefer the hook just because it gets you anywhere you want to be. But you add a hook to go from roof top to roof top halfway down the street or over some dangerous stuff and you're really moving fast.

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)patton
      i never play sniper or n00b ops, so i dont use the zip line fro my self, i have howecer been zipped from the top of devils perch to the bottom and that was quite fun
      Special ops ain't nooby, only assault is (unless u use the G3). As Assault dudes just noobtube all day. Anyways, my vote goes to hook. What's the point of being able to go down from a building fast when you can't get on the building in teh first place? Also, if i ned to get down fast, i can always use the HALO techniche (high altitude low opening) and open parachute at last moment.

Comment

grapple hook owns

Comment

Originally posted by PimpYo

Grapple wins for usefulness
          Zip wins for convenience
          Totaly Agree with you there.

I would normally use the ZipLine for squad assults on CP's.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
            Special ops ain't nooby, only assault is (unless u use the G3). As Assault dudes just noobtube all day. Anyways, my vote goes to hook. What's the point of being able to go down from a building fast when you can't get on the building in teh first place? Also, if i ned to get down fast, i can always use the HALO techniche (high altitude low opening) and open parachute at last moment.
            The zipline's great for crossing rivers, gaps between buildings, streets with enemy armor on them, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy_(NL)
              The zipline's great for crossing rivers, gaps between buildings, streets with enemy armor on them, etc.
              Oh, true, i forgot, but i stil prefer the Hook by a tny bit over the zipline. the problem with the zipline is that you have to go from a higher place to a lower one (it would be awesome if you didn't have to though, you could zip all around the map).

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy01741
                (it would be awesome if you didn't have to though, you could zip all around the map).
                Haha it would be like BF2 Lithium

Comment

Originally posted by thecheat
                  Haha it would be like BF2 Lithium
                  What's bf2 lithium? I'm guessing it's a mod for BF2, and if it is, could you give me a link to it?

Comment

It works in combination best, someone uses graple to get on building then isnt a n00b and leaves it so others can climb, someone else gets zip line, zip line onto building near flag take flag. All works in a squad very well but I prefer the graple.

Comment

well it was tough decsion but i had to go with the grappling hook becasue although the zip line can get you down and away really quickly you can parachute and advance on foot to get to where you have to go althought more difficult and a longer time it can be done
                      where as if u want to up and there is no ladder you are SOL

Comment

The grappling hook is more useful but the zipline is cool and fun.

Comment

Originally posted by PimpYo
                          Grapple wins for usefulness

Zip wins for convenience
                          very well put might I say

Comment

Originally posted by DoomXexec311
                            very well put might I say
                            I say it's very interestingly put, as convienence and usefulness are almost the same.

Comment

Depends on the map and what side im on...

Comment

Snipers Should Have Grappling Hooks

Comment

Working...
                                X