1.12 Patch Install......Virus Detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.12 Patch Install......Virus Detected

So I was installing 1.12 patch, I left it running whilst I had my Lunch knowing that I'd drive myself mad if I had to sit through the agonising wait for it to patch.

I returned to see AVG Free pop up and tell me that I Virus had been detected, The only other programs that were running at the time MSN, XFire and my Joystick profiler program.

I was curious to see if the patching had finished to see if it had detected the Virus mid patch or if it was detected after the patch, when I alt-tab'ed to see if the patch had finished it had.

Unfortuantly for some reason unknown to me it closed the Virus warning and I wasn't smart enough to not down what kind of Virus it was and where it was located, I thought it was somewhere in my Windows folder, which I have just scanned its clean, I'll run a virus scan tonight and keep you all updated.

I downloaded it from the link provided on the TBF2 website (File Cloud)

Has anyone had this? Even if they downloaded it from a different location? If so can anyone recall what type of Virus it was and where it was located?

EDIT: Of course I might have been infected some other way, but its kind of strange for it to happen whilst/ or just after patching.

Re: 1.12 Patch Install......Virus Detected

and it could of been a false positive too. Most (if not all) installers recommend thatl you to shut done all background process. Specially your anti-virus. Always download from a well know reputable source, always scan the file before you run it. And AVG--change --specially if you are using the free version.

I bet your full scan finds nothing ( at least not from the patch)

Comment

Working...
    X