Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• punkbuster and Daemon Tools v4

Hello there,

I have just bought BF2 and Special Forces. I have installed patch 1.12. Next step is trying to mount an dvd image(gamecopyworld) and play. Everything works perfectly, but i'm making a little concern. Is punkbuster able to see Daemon Tools so that i could be banned in the near future?

Here's an little article i'have read on www.tweakguides.com.

***** Patch

Battlefield 2, much like most other modern games, has a copy protection system based on a CD check. While the game also requires that you enter a unique CD key when installing the game, and even though it is actually this CD key which is the key to preventing pirated versions from being able to play online, EA Games still insist on requiring that legitimate BF2 players keep their BF2 CD/DVD in their drives to play the game. I can only say that this is a lame method of protection.

While there are indeed places where you can download a file which allows you to play BF2 without the CD in the drive, I can't provide you with the details of where (due to legal reasons - so don't write and ask me for one). More importantly, even if I were to tell you where to download such a '*****' patch, it would be pointless to use one, since the Punkbuster cheat detection system in BF2 is likely to see this altered ***** executable file as a cheat, booting you and eventually banning you permanently from playing BF2 multiplayer. Therefore I strongly recommend that you do not use any forms of *****s or other cracks, as this will lead to your unique CD key being banned without any recourse.

Note, I am well aware of other methods of playing BF2 without the CD in the drive, but once again I cannot provide details of these due to legal reasons. It is up to you if you really want to research and find such methods.

There is hope that EA may release an official patch for BF2 which removes the CD check, but no game company ever does this during the lucrative initial sales period for a game, so it will be a while yet (if ever). Until then you should put up with the inconvenience of having to keep the CD in your drive, and steer clear of any ***** patches/cracks/hacks.

Are those other methods the image methods? I think so.
    I'm just worrying about my 80 euro's i've spent on a legal BF2 an BF2 SF.:hmm: :hmm:

I'm from Holland, so sorry if my english is not so well.

Thnx Anyway!

Re: punkbuster and Daemon Tools v4

No..PB can not and will not ban for using Daemon Tools.

If you used a cracked .exe file, that would be another story

I've been using DT since BF1942 and have never had a problem.

Comment

I started using this (again) last week for BF2, as my BF2 DVD wasn't looking too good being left in the drive, aswell as being a pain having to remove it when the drive was needed for something else. So far, all is good.

Comment

i use daemont tools from the first day BF2 got released... no problems here

Comment

Originally posted by Kalero
          i use daemont tools from the first day BF2 got released... no problems here
          Same here. D-T 3.47 hasn't caused any problems. Using a disc image is not at all the same thing as a ***** crack/patch. And this quote is wildly optimistic: "There is hope that EA may release an official patch for BF2 which removes the CD check". They never released such a patch for BF42 so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for one for BF2.

Comment

thanks, i will put my dvd's back in there boxes, so they will not be damaged and i will use Deamon Tools v4 again.

Comment

Working...
            X