Connecting to account server . . . ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting to account server . . . ?

Hello is this normal that it takes like 10 minuts to login to your account.
    when i log in i have "Connecting to account server" message and after 10 minuts when music ends for some reason it's starting the game so i have to press ESC then i go to menu

Re: Connecting to account server . . . ?

are you sure you arent clicking "Play Battlefield 2 NOW!" instead of "Battlefield 2"

The play one will take a long time because it tries to log you in, then connect you to a random game.

Comment

You are clicking on the "play BF2 online now" shortcut rather tahn the "Battlefield 2" shortcut, the first will automatically connect you to some ****ty server some where which you really don't want to be on.
      THe second will take you to the screen where you can chose the server, look at your stats ect. ect.
      Are you using the most current patch for BF2 as they did dramtically reduce the time it takes to connect to the account server in the second patch.

Comment

Same here. And no, my connection is not bad. I'm already expecting some fools to automatically assume this.

I just did a speed test on dslreports.com

2005-11-26 22:10:25 EST: 5258 / 348
        Your download speed : 5258 kbps or 657.3 KB/sec.
        Your upload speed : 348 kbps or 43.5 KB/sec.
        To the above posts, I am not clicking the Play BF2 Now button. I've had a 10-13 second wait for the account server to login ever since BF2:SF was released.

And FYI, I deleted that icon specifically so I don't accidentally click it.

Comment

actually psycho, now that im using 1.12 instead of 1.03 it takes about 10 seconds longer to connect to account server.

Comment

Originally posted by PimpYo
            actually psycho, now that im using 1.12 instead of 1.03 it takes about 10 seconds longer to connect to account server.
            There we go. Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by artnez.com
              Same here. And no, my connection is not bad. I'm already expecting some fools to automatically assume this.

I just did a speed test on dslreports.com
              me too:
              2005-11-26 22:18:41 EST: 6187 / 3133
              Your download speed : 6187 kbps or 773.4 KB/sec.
              Your upload speed : 3133 kbps or 391.6 KB/sec.
              mmmm now thats delicious

Comment

Working...
              X