Disabling intro videos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling intro videos?

Are there any ways to disable the intro videos in SF? If so, does it improve start up time and/or performance in the same way as disabling them in the original BF2 did?

Re: Disabling intro videos?

Go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\xpack and look for the folder called movies. Make a back up folder for the movies and transfer the files from movies to back up folder.It does help a lot because that movie uses an excessive amount of ram.Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Or you can just rename the files. I just put a 1 at the end of the file name.

ex. EA.bik turns into EA1.bik

movies go bye bye

Comment

I deleted all of the Special forces movies. I can play without a problem. In regular BF2 I only have the menu.bik and menu_loggedin.bik files. Again, np at all.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I just added a 1 to the end of each file name which has now disabled them

Comment

Easiest thing to do. Copy movies folder. Paste it. Then go to the movies folder and completely delete it. That way when you click on your BF:SF icon it takes you straight to login screen.

Comment

just delete all of them just like what shadow warrior said, well i found this background(non-movie) for BF2, featuring.... FPS_Doug!!! http://ppa.jmenet.org/skins.html

Comment

Just add '+restart 1' to your shortcut, works for BF2 now.

Comment

I just renamed my movies folder for bf2 and sf to movies_old and it worked fine

It does not get much easier or faster than that....well other than deleting completely - lmao

Comment

Just delete everything in the folder, trust me. It lags it up at the beginning and with that movie playing in the background while choosing a server to play on; im sure that oversensative piece of crap browser just craps out when that thing is playing behind it sometimes.
                    They had the same thing in BF1942 and it did help speed it up a little in the beginning; but the browser worked slightly.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerStein
                      I just renamed my movies folder for bf2 and sf to movies_old and it worked fine

It does not get much easier or faster than that....well other than deleting completely - lmao
                      Exactly... I renamed mine xMovies, and Bingo.

Comment

Ya just delete EVERYTHING but the movies and the game will never run faster.

Comment

Working...
                        X