M95 Rate of Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M95 Rate of Fire

Can someone please post the exact time between shots with the M-24 and M-95. I want to find out since in a couple of recent arguments on forums about which is better no one mentioned the RoF. I might well be wrong since I've only used the M-95 a few times when I picked it up off a dead sniper but I though it fired significantly faster than the M-24 (maybe 4 shots in the time it takes to fire 3 with the M-24).

Re: M95 Rate of Fire

Doesn't anyone know or are they the same so nobody can be bothered responding?

Comment

The rate of fire for any sniper rifle is one bullet. :laugh:

Comment

Rate of Fire is how many bullets you can fire over a certain amount of time, usually 1 min. Last time I checked the M-24 and M-95 both fire more than 1 bullet per minute.

Comment

Both of them are bolt action, So I believe it takes the same time for both.

Comment

One can still have a faster bolt action than the other. I'm not saying it definately does but I just want someone who has the M-95 unlocked to check. That way I can make an informed decision on what to unlock.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUiB_2154
              Rate of Fire is how many bullets you can fire over a certain amount of time, usually 1 min. Last time I checked the M-24 and M-95 both fire more than 1 bullet per minute.
              How fast a human is able to shoot with a bolt-action rifle or semi-automatic firearm is dependend on human interaction, where Rate of Fire is what an automatic firearm itself is capable of.

You can't talk about RoF on a non-automatic weapon IMO, it will always be 1.

IRL the amount of shots a marksman is able to shoot with a bolt-action rifle would be different depending on the marksman and the conditions under which the firearm is being used.

Only in video games, where it takes the exact same time to reload, is this fixed and therefore measureable.

Comment

doesnt matter, both can kill in one shot in the head, so depends where you want the bullet to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny Highway
                  You can't talk about RoF on a non-automatic weapon IMO, it will always be 1.
                  I would say it would always be N/A in real life. Or you chould give a likely range of numbers.

Originally posted by Gunny Highway
                  Only in video games, where it takes the exact same time to reload, is this fixed and therefore measureable.
                  I agree which is what I asked in the first place. Please can someone answer the original question?

Comment

sorry to get off topic, but i'm new at sniping, and was wondering if your aiming at a stand still target from a distance, is there any physics involved? I aimed right at his head and shot, and he wasnt dead with the m24

Comment

Firstly even the M24 (the most accurate sniper rifle) isn't perfectly accurate and if you haven't been stationary for about a second it has bad effect on you accuaracy as well.

Comment

I've have the M95 unlocked.

So.....

Like I said,

The M24 and the M95, both take the same time.

Comment

I got the impression you were just speculating before. Thanks for answering my question.

Comment

Actually there was a time when I was on a server, don't know which one, but the M95 did fire significantly faster than before.

I didn't think nothing of it at the time, but now that you asked. There is a difference.

As for Gunny Highway's remark, this is not real life and the rate of fire is whatever the programmers make it out to be on this game. Which may or may not be related to real life bolt action performance.

Comment

Originally posted by poisonsoul
                              I've have the M95 unlocked.

So.....

Like I said,

The M24 and the M95, both take the same time.
                              i thoughth it was the m82, and a semi-auto rifle not a bolt action

Comment

Working...
                              X