Need help for vid card changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help for vid card changing

My friend is going to sell me his Radeon 9600 Pro 256 mb so I can get rid of my old FX5200 128 mb

anyway I just want to know what to do when ill get my new card ?

can ya guys tell me the steps to do in order to have the new card run perfectly... I have all FX5200 drivers installed, do I have to unistall them ?

Am I just supposed to unplug the Nvidia ard and plug the ATI card or I have to format my comp ?

thx for the help

btw here's my specs :
    AMD Athlon 64 2800 +
    ASUS K8V-X motherboard
    512 DDR 400Mhz

Re: Need help for vid card changing

Remove the drivers.
    Unplug the card.
    Put the other card in.
    Install the drivers.

Comment

how do I do a complete clean driver unistalling ? (sry i suck in computers)

Comment

Start > control panel > add and remove programs > Click on nvidia drivers > change/remove

Comment

if you can download a program called,

driver cleaner pro

run that to remove the driver files and reg keys that add/remove does'nt.

Comment

Yeh but the driver cleaner pro is not alwaise fun to use... if u dont know what ur doing well its not that great, not evryone knows how to reboot in safe mode and blabalabal.
            balaalaabalan

Comment

All of that stuff is not needed. I went from a RADEON 200 XPRESS to a 7800GT. All you need to do is install the Card. Than boot up your machine. Microsoft will automatically instal a default driver. It will then ask you for your RADEON drivers. Put in the CD with the drivers in your CD drive and your done. Its that easy, no added software needed.

Comment

Just uninstall the drivers from the add/remove programs list, then install the card, then install the drivers.

Your best be would be to screw the 9600 pro (it won't play BF2 very well) and buy a 6600 for around $100.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTyphoon
                  Just uninstall the drivers from the add/remove programs list, then install the card, then install the drivers.

Your best be would be to screw the 9600 pro (it won't play BF2 very well) and buy a 6600 for around $100.
                  My old computer has the 9600 pro, it can only play BF2 on low/medium settings. It's pretty gay. Just buy a nice ATi X800XTPE.

ATi is always the way to go, IMO.

Comment

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

DL, open, select your driver > add driver to right side > "start" driver is gone, turn off computer install new card, turn computer back on, install new driver.

Comment

Working...
                    X