Really Lame Team: A Short Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Lame Team: A Short Story

I just had a super-duper server experience and decided to write it up for your potential enjoyment (no guarantees).

It started on Sharqi Peninsula, 16v16, I was on MEC. The round began normally with some back and forth, and after 10 minutes we were down 115-146. The MEC owned only one cappable flag, the westmost, and most of the fighting was happening at the next flag over to the east (by the TOW/HJ).

It was intense infantry fighting, but I was noticing a high number of boneheaded moves on my team's part - TKs, Support/Medics not dropping refills, 100% healthy players running away from the action. I had already suspected that my team was challenged in the cerebral sense (I was in first place on my team with a mediocre 18-10), but nothing had really pushed me over the edge yet.

Then the USMC Cobra showed up and iced me and about 4 other people.

I wondered, "You know what would help? The Mi-28. where is it?"

I spawned at the MEC helicopter base to check it out, and lo and behold, it's sitting on the helipad. Almost immediately a teammate gets into the pilot seat (he had been waiting, no doubt) and starts it up. I start calling for a Pickup! and he, of course, takes off without me. Just about that time, the Cobra shows up and starts shooting at the gunner-less Mi-28, and they go flying off into the fog like dogfighting attack helicopters typically do.

10 seconds pass, and a smoking Mi-28 comes flying back toward the heli-base (I had since gotten in one of the parked Vodnik's machineguns) with the Cobra behind it. I lay into the Cobra with the .50 cal and start it smoking at about the time that it waxes the Mi-28. The Cobra dips below land level and retreats so I can't finish it off.

2 seconds later, I hear a Humvee engine and rotate the gun turret to my left to find a Humvee+1 roaring into the base, heading straight for the helipad. I open fire with the machineguns and by the time it reaches the pad it explodes, killing the driver. The +1 had gotten out prior to reaching the pad.

I jump out of the Vodnik and circle around to the back and see the +1 manning the Stinger (no clue why). I drop to prone to put a few shots into him, and then I get ran over by a teammate in a Vodnik who, apparently, had been chasing the Humvee the entire time.

I disconnected.

Re: Really Lame Team: A Short Story

Assholes ahoy.

Theres 3 main types of assholes in this game. Stat padders who grab a vehicle and dont wait, those that team kill in the worst of types, and those that have no clue what is happening & are no use to the team.

You sir have come across all three.

Comment

Working...
    X