Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verification taking forever

Hello,

Over the last two weeks, my gaming experience for BF2 online gaming has not been overly satifying.

The reason being, is that the verification process is taking 5 to 6 minutes long between map changes when playing server games (any server). When I first bought the games, I would quickly be verified and would be allowed to jump in and start playing. Lately though, it takes forever to be verified and I am not sure what has happened. My buddies have at times played entire games before I even get into a game.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong, or what I need to do to fix this.

Re: Verification taking forever

Anything running in the back round ? Seeing that it used to run fast, I assume its not your processor, or ram. Also it might be internet quota. I noticed when i ran out of my quota, it took a while to load maps.

Try exiting any software that maybe running in the background or try a fresh install.

Comment

What do you mean by internet quota? Are you refering to by total download ability for the month that my ISP allows?

Asfor what is running in thr background, actually nothing new. I have even ran Ad Aware, etc to make sure nothing new in on my system.

Believe me I am baffled.

Comment

My quota i mean download limit. Eg. 25gb a month. If nothing has changed, i reccomend a reinstall of bf2.

If your not sure if you quota has ran out goto this site:

Internet Speed Test Click “Begin Test” to test your download speed, upload speed, and ping. How to read your internet…

and if the speed you get is the speed you usally have a month, its not your net quota.

Comment

hmm, weird, try out some of the tips at my site, may help

Comment

dont have programs running in the background, (i.e- AIM, MSN, Limewire)

Comment

Man I have the same problem it used to take about 30 secs now its 2 to 3 mins. It started about a month after I began playing. i never figured out why I just deal with it.

Comment

I think that has something to do with EA account server, same as sometimes you log in and it think you are a private again. I am not sure whether the verifying client data server is related to the login account server.

Comment

Whatever client data is, it sucks. If anyone else has info. on this, please share! I would really love to know exactly what is keeping me from gunning with the rest of my team when the round starts....

Comment

i think it might have something to do with the special forces expansion...mine was always one of the first computers to load and verify until i got SF, now it takes several minutes

Comment

Ram is my guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X