Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laws of Physics O_O

Ok this isnt about realism, or anything. Just seem like a good name

Now- Has it ever happen to you when you shoot a TOW and goes THROUGH the apc/tank or what eveR? Or worse you do a kamakazi with the TOW and it doesnt even shoot. ( what I mean by kamakazi, knowing your going to die so run up to the TOW get in and shoot even the APC/Whatever is shooting at you) Same with AT-Missles.
    Also with the sniperrifle, I know there is bullet drop but is ther a wind factor? CAuse I shoot and cross be prefectly lined up to a stationary target and goes far left and hits next to the ground/wall to the target. Anyone get this too?

Re: Laws of Physics O_O

The TOW going through vehicles is either a bug in the game with "hitboxes", lag, or a combination of both at times. The TOW not firing sounds more than likely like lag (the server see's you as already dead, but your client hasn't received that message from the server saying "yo, you're dead" yet). And the sniper rifle...I'm not sure about wind, but I do know there's a deviation, so even if there wasn't bullet drop, it would have a random deviation in any given direction, so that's probably where it's coming from, the insanely crazy deviation they programmed into the things.

Edit: Haha, beat ya Psycho. At least we pretty much have the same idea about it. Agreed on the TOW not firing being a bug as well, could also be related to the way the game handles input (same reason C4 switching and weapon switching is glitchy, same reason having E at the end of a chat message and hitting enter will kick you out of a vehicle if you hit enter quickly, etc).

Comment

There is no wind factor it is due to the **** way EA and Dice made the guns so they have devation instead of the bullets going where they should, they have basically based the gun physics on muskets which they obviously haven't noticed arn't used in war any more.
      Tow going through the vehicles is because the hit boxes arn't where the polygons are due to lag.
      and the thing about them not firing is just another one of the 5 billion bugs in the game because they didn't bother to test it properly.

Comment

we all should remake BF2

Comment

Originally posted by rnu
          we all should remake BF2
          We could do a damn better job than DICE could.

Comment

LOL if we even attempted to remake BF2 EA would slap us with a lawsuit THEN buy out our company, THEN release our working Beta version of the game claiming it was complete just to ruin our good name.

Comment

I get the delayed firing bug. It only happens when I make a last ditch, panicked shot (and I can't figure out how the game can tell the difference). I fire, it makes the noise, and then I have to click 2-3 more times for the actual projectile to come out.

Comment

usually if you or the enemy are lagging in the game then the missle may go through the target and never "hit" it. This is a lag problem.
                I know that if you lag a lot like 500ms then you may see some vehicles going through the walls. try finding the laggiest server ever for you and play on it and watch what is going on!

I think it ia a lag problem, however, EA/DICE CAN do something about it. If the game is programmed very well then you wont notice the lag that much in the game. In other words: if the programmers take the lag into account then those things will be less of a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by [DUCKS]Black_Duck_1
                  I think it ia a lag problem, however, EA/DICE CAN do something about it. If the game is programmed very well then you wont notice the lag that much in the game. In other words: if the programmers take the lag into account then those things will be less of a problem.
                  one of the best ways to do it is to integrate some console commands to allow users manually change the rate and how many packets being sent/received b/w ur client and the server.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil_Dog-9
                    LOL if we even attempted to remake BF2 EA would slap us with a lawsuit THEN buy out our company, THEN release our working Beta version of the game claiming it was complete just to ruin our good name.
                    The Beta version would probbaly be less buggy then BF2 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho
                      The Beta version would probbaly be less buggy then BF2 anyway.
                      You don't have to play it man...

Comment

Originally posted by [DUCKS]Black_Duck_1
                        It hasn't worked that well in CS:S (but maybe that is just because of bad coding), instead they ended up with a different set of problems. Plus people should just play on low ping servers where it isn't much of a problem.

Comment

The physics is simple really.

The instant you fire the TOW, a worm hole opens right in front of the object you are aiming at. Then, another exit worm hole appears right behind the object. Thus giving the illusion of the missile going through the object.

...everybody else is lying.

Comment

Working...
                          X