LOCERROR_unable to find current profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOCERROR_unable to find current profile

after I reinstalled everything new in this way: BF2 - BF SP - 1.12 this message always shows up when I try to log-in

it happens aswell as when I dont install SP but update the entire game to 1.12 - b4 the newest patch appered everything was fine, so I tried installing to 1.03 and it worked, pitty I cant play on any server now...thx for your help or suggestions

Re: LOCERROR_unable to find current profile

damn it nobody can request?

Comment

Re: LOCERROR_unable to find current profile

Hi!

I've been in contact with EA customer support regarding this matter and got the following answer (traslated from swedish):

"Thanks for your feedback. We are aware of the problem and the answer we've got from the studio is that the game is intended for a home computer environment where My documents is stored locally on the computer. We have of course pointed out that this might not be the best solution and we hope that there will be a better solution."

Further i asked if Special forces had the same problem since i was planning on bying it but can't see any reason as it doesn't fully comply with Windows XP's API. This is their response:

"Special forces is unfortunately designed the same way as the previous game and there will be no changes regarding that matter as far as we now."

I'm haven't been able to see why they've ruined the game for some of their customers, but i guess even they don't know. They have certainly proved that they don't exactly know what they are doing with their patches in the past.

This is of course a fight between David and Goliath. The only way to get EA to fix this problem in a future patch is that more people complains about the fact that EA has ruined a game that you've actually paid for.

Send your :cry: complaints to

kundsupport@europe.ea.com

Regards
      Kefeisto

Comment

Working...
      X