1.12 patch problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.12 patch problem

Hey, I have downloaded the 1.12 patch twice and when I load it, it takes almost 30 min for it to finnish - is this normal? The first time I got it to work, I was able to play on only 1 server (gamespot) - the rest say
    This server only allows players with unmodified content to join. Revert your version of BF2 to the current official version to join.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the game 4 times and after I apply the patch the game just crashes after the splash screen to the desktop.
    Do I have to remove some files or reg', if so how can I find them?

Re: 1.12 patch problem

I think the problem is caused by the md5 errors I get during installation where I have to keep retrying with files such as the maps and 'Objects_client.zip' The patch may have errors patching onto these files which are corrupted.
    Any ideas on how to fix this?

Comment

i got the same problem. i came in here to find out how to fix it so any one know how?

Comment

I too have this issue. I want my money back! Someone please help! I'll add that normal bf2 games still work fine though....

Comment

Mine had that message when the patch did not install successfully. I tried again and it patched fine and logged into servers fine. Good luck.

Comment

Did you guys try updating PunkBuster?

Comment

doesnt work...any other ideas???

Comment

Same problem, just came here to ask. I get about 73 servers with my filters activated, and now it says I cant have modified content also, I have no mods, and I just deleted the x pack thinking it might have been that, plz help guys, I want to play real bad.

Just realized how old this thread is, I must have installed the patches wrong, or in the wrong order or something, let me reinstal them all. Must have got confused with the numbers. Why cant they just make them 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 etc...

Ok, I tried installing all of the patches again, and right after I do 1.12, and start 1.2, it says I need to have 1.12 installed... wtf?

Comment

you guys just need patch 1.22

Comment

Just realized that as I was looking around at the BF2 website, already downloading. I was away for about a month and never checked to see or heard about another patch coming out. Thanks for the pointer man, Happing killing.

Damn it, it still does it, anyone know why. It also still says 1.1.27... at the top.

I'm just going to uninstall and reinstall.

Comment

Im Having The Same Problem With It Not Installing Correctly and getting that the file 'Objects_client.zip' can not be installed THERE ISNT ANY SCRATCHES ON THE D*** DISK!!! WTF? Some One Help Cause I Cant Even Play The Game Either After The BF2 Watermark THen The Screen Just Goes Black I Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE And At My Start Bar There Is A Window That Has The BF2 Icon And Says Error But Wont Let Me See It

Comment

Working...
                      X