Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some kind of weird hack or point scoring scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some kind of weird hack or point scoring scam?

I was just playing a SF map and every time I killed one person by the name of Creepy (he had a clan tag, but I forgot what it was) I would get a teamkill punish. He was on the enemy team, wearing an enemy uniform, with a red tag above him and everything; he also appeared on the list of players on the enemy team. Yet on the upper left where it told who killed who, it didn't come up as a TK because he was on the enemy team. I also seemed to noticed a medic on my squad reviving him and then after I killed him I would get the TK punish again. So is this some kind of weird scam to boost their points or someone's idea of fun by getting people kicked for TKing? He actually posted in game to kick me for TKing.

Re: Some kind of weird hack or point scoring scam?

If your medic was reviving him, then he had to be on your team.

Maybe the red name tag bug has gotten worse. i.e. Now they show up on the enemy team on the scoreboard with the enemy uniform. I dunno, its a possibility.

Comment

I've had friendlies show up on the other team before, the red tag bug has indeed gotten worse

Comment

If you're unsure then look at the uniform if it's possible

Comment

YOU were suffering from redbug syndrom...thats why you kept getting the TK...thats my best bet.

Comment

looking at the uniform doesnt always work, just grab an enemy kit after a kill. youll look like him. i only had it once, the red tag syndrome, sure sucks like hell. we had an entire team on our side with the wrong tags :s

Comment

You've been bitten by the red name bug! This bug is thriving in the environment know as 'battlefield 2' and reproducing at an alarming rate, with sightings increasing daily. Do not be alarmed if you are bitten by this bug. Although there is no known antidote, quiting the server and re-joining appears to work (although this can be a right pain).

Comment

I had a bad case of this last night , where i shot down a friendly hind.

I was playing on Iron Gator, there was a hind above the fixed MEC spawn and he was showing a red tag. I thought a US player had stolen it. so i jumped into the AA vehicle. It allowed me to lock on to him, and i shot him down. Only to get a TK punish and see the cease fire message pop up.

At this point we had two hinds flying so i have to assume he got this off the carrier when we had the deck spawn.

wtf?

Comment

Thanks for the input. I've heard about the bug, but didn't think it was as bad as what happened. I've had someone on my team's tag show up as enemy, but not anything this bad.

Comment

No! This is NOT just a red tag bug! I know exactly what he's talking about, this just happened to me today!

I was on the Warlord map, and not only was this guy in full Insurgent uniform, but he had a red tag on AND was capturing our flag. When I killed him, it gave me a tk. Later on in the game, when he killed me and another squad leader when trying to get his flag, HE got the tk but oddly enough nothing happened to his score. He ended up getting first place that round.

I'm telling you, I'm not blind, this was not just a tag mixup--this was the OPPOSING TEAM MATE. I know exactly what Wraith means.

Comment

great.. and at EAs rate of fixing problems, this should be fixed around
                      Christmas time.............

.....................next Christmas.

Comment

Probably some new hack

Comment

not a hack but like the others said, it's all to do with the wrong tagging bug, I had this bug in many forms.

For example.

Half your team shows up RED , enemy's show up blue, you kill enemy, you get TK and offcourse the punish.

or everything seems to be OK, team blue, enemy red, you kill enemey, you get TK

then offcourse you are wearing the red tag , and get TK the sec you spawn over and over again.

this bug has many forms, but sadly not the form of a patch with the fix, DICE seems to be just fixing thing nowbody asks for and making arty no TK anymore so it can ruin the game evem more.

Also, I have the feeling the wrong tagging bug got wurse since new patch

Comment

hack? lol

go over to the bf2 forums and go back a few months. this bug has been around since the beginning.

i have seen it - clanmates on vent said they saw the player as our team and could even tell me what squad. i saw him as other team.

Comment

I have seen a SAS member on Warlord with full Insurgent gear. He was standing in the corner waiting for everyone to leave the area to cap the base. He never would fire on us, so I feel he knew an exploit/cheat/hack. He must have been a squad leader...all of a sudden 3 guys would spawn on him and our flag would be capped immediately.

BadKarma

Comment

Working...
                              X