should you buy SF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should you buy SF?

if you love bf2 and can't get enough of it, maybe.
    if you're on the fence and not sure, don't.

$30 is way too much for what you get. a few maps, a few new weapons...its basically a mod. i'm never buying anything BF2 related again.
    hell, i don't even really care for BF2 vanilla. i only bought SF because i hoped it would make me like bf2 more.

find a way to get it free (Xmas, b-day, or "other ways")

Re: should you buy SF?

No, you shouldn't, you should

A) Log in on someone elses computer who deos have it to get the guns in BF2.
    B) Aquire the game from other sources.

Comment

DO NOT BUY THIS PIECE OF SHYTE !!!!

hell, this is disappointment at its best !!!
      its buggy as hell ... runs awful ... the maps are 70% worth a shyte !!!
      and the best thing is ... u have to switch cds if u want to play bf2 again !!!

the engine is a a big laugh !!! choppy as hell !!!
      i play F.E.A.R on everything on high and its smooth ... but sp ... omg !!!

the night time is a pain in the butt ... not a upgrade to the game ... but thats my opinion !!!

i made my peace with that game ... give my cd s to someone who wants a lil bit more frustration in his life !!!
      i ll play CoD2 and FEAR and those good ol games where the company put some effort in game developing !!!

its was worth a try ... could have been a good game ... if developers would have put some more work in it !!!

maybe i ll try sometime again ... when the 12th patch is out ...

thanx ea / dice ... u fooked it up !

Comment

Yeah its not worth the money IMO but I didnt buy it.A friend who owed me money bought it for me. Basically its new maps and skins and a few new weapons.And its very buggy.

Comment

Nevermind the bandwagon, I likes it just fine.

Comment

you didi pay 50$ for BF2 wich had 12 maps , now you pay 30$ for 8 maps, looks the same for me, every expansion I ever have know is about that price and is much smaller then the original .

About the bugs, I do agree with that, BF2 is already prety buggy and should be fixed first, and SF seems to be even more bugged

Comment

I don't have it yet but i'll probably get it. I love BF2 and the bugs don't even **** me off so i think i'll be pretty happy with SF.

Comment

SF is surprisingly fun. I really enjoy using the zip line to cross buildings, and it makes my sniping a lot safer. The weapons seem to be better; for some odd reason the M24's scope reticle has been changed to red, which is a bit disturbing, but on the other hand I was getting 1-shot kills, which doesn't usually happen in BF2.

The grapple is fun, too. Given enough time you can scale a cliff -- assuming of course you haven't been bombed to confetti in the meantime. The flashbangs are OK, but I haven't seen them used much.

The other weapons seem improved, but I can't be sure, not enough experience yet. The AI seems smarter. For the first time, a bot actually climbed up a ladder to try and cap me, which was nice . . .

Comment

not enough planes for me.

Comment

I was honestly contemplating buying this game but then I thought about it. The whole game is basically the left over shavings of what WAS GOING TO BE BF2 in the first place right? So then they released that buggy as hell, cut off version witch even now, after how many patches, still has some bugs. And now I here the bugs are so bad that one doesnt even let you input your CD key properly? Wow...This expansion sounded cool but I think I'm gonna ignore EA's money grabbing gimmick and wait for some free, bug-free mods to fill that void that this shyte won't.

Comment

DICE Canada has proven once again that they are completely incapable of producing quality original content (like BF Viet wasn’t joke enough)....to say I am disappointed is an understatement, at least I can still play the regular BF2 maps.

Comment

Originally posted by otorhinorrhea
                        DICE Canada has proven once again that they are completely incapable of producing quality original content (like BF Viet wasn’t joke enough)....to say I am disappointed is an understatement, at least I can still play the regular BF2 maps.
                        It's not like you weren't warned about 1,000 times.

Comment

Intresting ... I pretty much like SF. I have yet encounterd not a single bug expect some (understandable) grapling difficulties. The sneaky infantry action is quite fun and the fact that you can get basicly anywhere on the map is definitely a really nifty feature.

Hint: dont play SF like you play vanilla! THINK! sneak up somewhere! find new way to approach a objective. If you just rush into the enemy fire like some braindeads SF is no more "fun" than vanilla BF2.

on another note: you know what really sucks? people! the first 3 days there was not a single pronejumper/APC whore in sight. Now the day-maps are karkand and wetlands all over again. :/

Comment

I probably wont buy. Mainly because I dislike the fact that they have allowed all the SF weapons in BF2, it's a ****ing joke, marketing whores. Flashbangs = lame in vanilla.

Comment

Don't buy it! It's a POS and a waste of money. 30bucks down the drain. I cna't even join most servers because of an "unmodified content" error. SF won't load because i have to repatch the damn game to 1.03 then repatch again to 1.12, only to have it give me an error. IT sucks. The maps are too small and dark, they kill your FPS. It's not worth your time, and it think DICE did a crappy job at making it playable compatible - with it's own core game.

I feel like goign back to the store and getting a full refund. I have NEVER had this problem with a PC game EVER. DICE, get your god damn act together. It's not funny any more, and people should not have to spend 30 dollars to get a game that doesn't even work (and the buyer knows ahead of time too).

Comment

Working...
                              X