Can't get BF2 to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get BF2 to start

I am having a hell of time trying to get BF2 to even start up right. First, let me say from the start that I easily meet all of the system requirements (I have a Radeon 9800, P4/3.4 Processor, 1Gig Ram, SB Audigy, etc.). I have updated my video and audio drivers to the latest version. I have installed and tried to run the game multiple times with clean installs and nothing running in the background. I have installed the 1.12 patch as well. But every time, I encounter the same problems:

When I first start the game and skip past the splash screens, I get "LOCERROR_unable to open current profile." If I click OK and then click MultiPlayer, I have to accept the terms each time, after which I can create a profile or retrieve an old profile. But should I try to change my game options and controls settings and then apply them as I go, if I quit the game and restart, none of the changes have taken hold. Furthermore, if I retrieve my profile and login, then click Logout and go to Manage Profiles, there are no profiles listed which I suspect is related to my problem of not having my options saved properly.
    If I ignore all of these problems and simply try to play the game, as soon as I click SinglePlayer, the game crashes to the desktop without an error message.

Can anyone shed any light on this whatsoever? I'd be greatly appreciative. Thanks!

Re: Can't get BF2 to start

-moved to support-

Comment

Have you tried clearing the Profiles folder inside X:/...../My Documents/Battlefield 2/ ?

Comment

Originally posted by KingOfKhaos
        Have you tried clearing the Profiles folder inside X:/...../My Documents/Battlefield 2/ ?
        that might work cause my friend did that and it did work but not for me i just reinstalled

Comment

Working...
        X