Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Boots me to windows before i join

Hi

I got the expansion pack today and for some reason it wont play. When i select a server the game starts to load it gets to 100% then the join button appears for about 1 second then the game drops back to windows.

I dont understand why i never had one single problem with BF2 until i got the addon.

Anyone got any ideas

Re: Game Boots me to windows before i join

Same here.

This was until my brother reinstalled the patch I installed before buying the expansion.

So far I’m really unimpressed, not just the countless crashes at every new thing I try to do but the lack of good clean graphics that Battlefield 2 has.

The whole thing just looks tacky in compassion but I’ll keep at it.

Comment

To op. can you still run a vanilla BF2 game?

Comment

im getting the same - i double click on a game in the browser window and it boots me back to the desktop. Then it opens BF2 again and attempts to login to the game.

this sodding patch!!

Comment

you probably need more RAM, i get it sometimes. but i put my video graphics lower. try it and tell me what happens

Comment

lol i shouldnt need more than 1.5GB of RAM to run Battlefield

I put everything to low and still it happens - on empty servers too!

Comment

I have noticed that if you load BF2 SF, and choose to play a vanilla BF2 server, the game actually shuts down SF and loads BF2. Is this the time where your system crashes? If you are going to play BF2 you should use your BF2 icon, if you are going to play SF you should use the SF icon.

Comment

ah that would explain it maybe - but IMHO thats still pretty ****-poor coding. Plenty of other games handle switching between mods without booting to desktop

Comment

Originally posted by BadLizzard
                  I have noticed that if you load BF2 SF, and choose to play a vanilla BF2 server, the game actually shuts down SF and loads BF2. Is this the time where your system crashes? If you are going to play BF2 you should use your BF2 icon, if you are going to play SF you should use the SF icon.
                  As a matter of fact this happened also to me, but as soon as I reinstalled both BF2 and SF and the patch and finally the last Audigy and Nvidia drivers, the game, and I mean both of them(Switching and all) has been running like never before--flawless. So if you do things right you can use whatever icon you want, but inevitably it will come back to desktop and then to the game you selected...anyway I hope I don't get further problems with the game...:hmm:

Comment

im getting the same prolem, sucks major balls

Comment

Working...
                    X